C&C 27 Association Forum

This Forum is supported by C&C 27 owners like you whose membership in the C&C 27 Association makes possible this Forum and the accompanying site. Thank you, members, for your continuing commitment.

You are not logged in.

Announcement

if you need to reset your password, you will have to confirm the request clicking the URL in the email that you will receive (Just in case check the spam folder)
If you have any problem, please do not hesitate to contact me

#1 2003-09-23 07:25:09

Spinnaker pole repair

Hello to all,
My spinnaker pole retracting pin spring needs to be replaced on one end.
Does anyone know who was the manufacturer of the pole that came on the C&C 27  Mark I, hull # 3.
also there seems to be a very small pin that holds the larger ping and spring mechanism.. any suggestions in taking that off the replace the spring.

Roger
C&C 27, Mark I, hull no.3

#2 2003-09-23 13:33:50

Re: Spinnaker pole repair

Hello Roger;
You realize your probably talking 30 + years. What I would do is take it to a local machine shop and have one made or maybe you have a buddy who is a machinist or knows of one. It probably wouldn't do any harm to remove the one from the other end also and use it as a template and then replace it at the same time also out of stainless and you'll be good to go for another 30 + years.
I had my masthead sheaves done this way and it was reasonable.
Larry

#3 2003-09-23 13:37:21

Roger;

Sorry I misunderstood your question. Your actually looking for the spring. But maybe the same people I recommended will point you in the right direction or try a nut and bolt supply wholesaler in your area for one.
Larry

#4 2003-09-24 01:37:15

Your locale rigging shop will have the parts for your spinnaker pole. My pole is 25 years old and I took my pole into my locale rigging shop and they replace the springs at both ends the same day. The poles a generic and parts are not hard to get. All the Best
Bob Wilson

Board footer