C&C 27 Association Forum

This Forum is supported by C&C 27 owners like you whose membership in the C&C 27 Association makes possible this Forum and the accompanying site. Thank you, members, for your continuing commitment.

You are not logged in.

Announcement

if you need to reset your password, you will have to confirm the request clicking the URL in the email that you will receive (Just in case check the spam folder)
If you have any problem, please do not hesitate to contact me

#1 2005-11-14 12:35:09

cneufeld

C&C 27 For Sale-price reduced

I have a 1972 C&C 27 for sale.  Details (pictures and description) may be reviewed at: http://home.nc.rr.com/kodiak/.  Recent install of fresh Atomic 4 (30 hours) and lots of upgrades since purchase in 2004. The boat currently lies in Oriental, NC. I have reduced the price from 12K to 10.

Thanks,

chuck

Last edited by (2006-05-02 11:53:49)

#2 2005-11-19 03:41:16

Re: C&C 27 For Sale-price reduced

I have hull 182 Mariah, I bought it July 05 site unseen on ebay. I can tell you that I was very happy when I did get down to inspect it. The last several months have been filled with excitment over my purchase.
The day of the Auction I had reservations about the Unseen item, with 12 seconds left I sent got in the last bid. Wow, was my heart pounding.  But what made me feel the best was receiving several e-mails from other watching the auction who gave there congradulations and comments about the value the I had gotten.
A lot of talk came from the Great lakes area citing an incressed value to the boat if it were in the Great Lakes.
For what its worth,   

#3 2005-11-19 13:23:41

Why would one go to the extent of going through a complete engine install and then sell after only one year of ownership. Do you dislike the boat or was this a fix up and unload thing for you? It appears to me that the owner would have spent a lot of time aboard with the solar set up....I like it.
Billerina
Hull #33

#4 2005-11-21 13:52:17

Hi Greg:

Your absolutely right regarding your take on the matter.  It has been rough having a boat almost there, then having to make the decision to sell her given other priorities.  Originally, like many I suppose, I intended to keep and use the boat, and did all of my additional work with this in mind--no skimping, and a lot of learning along the way.  I actually lived aboard for a few months soon after I bought her when working down east in NC.  It was great getting back from work and knocking out a few small jobs prior to heading off back to work in the morning.  Alas, it was a fair bit of a ride to Oriental, I have a wife and two teens, and wound up with too little time for what I really wanted to do once I finished my work in the area.  What I did find out was that I really enjoyed working on boats.  In fact, I bought a smaller craft and have it sitting in my back yard where I can do all of the things that I never had time to complete during on the short weekends out of town.

I have had second thoughts about the matter, and wonder even now if I've made the right decision.  The C&C sure has much more living space, and, with the exception of some cosmetic work, e.g., handrails, it is ready to go.  It is a wonderful sailor. I have spent some memorable time on the Pamlico sound and surrounding area.

So, I suppose the answer to your question is no, I'm not a fix up and "unload" type, though it may appear that way. I guess I just wanted a boat closer to home, so that I'm never more than a minute from a quick "fix" of another kind.

Who knows, I may head down East soon, go for a sail, and reconsider.

Best,

charles

Board footer