C&C 27 Association Forum

This Forum is supported by C&C 27 owners like you whose membership in the C&C 27 Association makes possible this Forum and the accompanying site. Thank you, members, for your continuing commitment.

You are not logged in.

Announcement

if you need to reset your password, you will have to confirm the request clicking the URL in the email that you will receive (Just in case check the spam folder)
If you have any problem, please do not hesitate to contact me

#1 2006-03-16 09:14:44

pura vida

Inexpensive Holding Tank Solution

After reading all of the threads about holding tanks, etc I was getting ready switch to a porta potti. But recently I ran across the Raritan CHT II on the Raritan site and since I have a Raritan Compact head I decided to try the CHT. Fortunately I found a surplus supplier on ebay who appears to have them in stock for $100 each plus shipping (marine store price $250). These wrap around the head, provide five gallons of tankage, and require no serious surgery to the boat, but most importantly they will make the boat legal. It may also fit other brands of heads. A cheap solution if the boat does not have a holding tank.
Mike M
SV Wind Horse
Galveston, Tx

Mike M
SV Wind Horse
Galveston, Tx

#2 2006-03-20 09:36:25

Re: Inexpensive Holding Tank Solution

Mike,
So how does it actually differ from a porti-pottie other than having a china bowl and parts to repair? 
Warren Smith (AKA Tropical Warren)
Serendipity
Galveston Bay, Texas

#3 2006-03-20 11:34:43

pura vida

It is just a regular holding tank that fits in an otherwise unused space. There is a version that you can take out and dump ashore but my install will be permanent. I was originally going to put a tank between the head and the hull but I hate to waste the space (and the custom tank was expensive.)
Mike M
SV Wind Horse
Galveston, Tx

Mike M
SV Wind Horse
Galveston, Tx

#4 2006-03-21 03:40:01

Godspeed

You mentioned that there was a website that described the Raritan CHT II.  What is the site?  We are going to replace the holding tank on Godspeed and this might be a better solution.  Thanks in advance.  Gary
Mk V, #512

Gary
Mk V, #512

Board footer