C&C 27 Association Forum

This Forum is supported by C&C 27 owners like you whose membership in the C&C 27 Association makes possible this Forum and the accompanying site. Thank you, members, for your continuing commitment.

You are not logged in.

Announcement

if you need to reset your password, you will have to confirm the request clicking the URL in the email that you will receive (Just in case check the spam folder)
If you have any problem, please do not hesitate to contact me

#1 2007-08-23 10:11:40

mark V swim ladder experience

my mark v came with a 5-step swim ladder that hooks over the stern. it is awkward to use. do other mark v owners have suggestions as to a user-friendly swim ladder?

thankscopasetic

#2 2007-08-24 01:04:01

KenPole

Re: mark V swim ladder experience

The most stable option is a stainless steel ladder mounted on your transom so that it can pivot up to tie onto your stern rail. They cost $250-450 but I may have a lead on a used one.
Ken Pole
1975 Mark III Santiva
Ottawa

Ken Pole, Ottawa
1975 Mark III Santiva

#3 2007-08-24 10:12:00

ken, thanks. I have been thinking about the problem of the mark V. The transom has a slope such that the steps of a simple ladder that are 90 deg. to the vertical rods are not horizontal when the ladder is in position because the rods are no longer vertical. Will the ladder you describe compensate for the angle of the transom? (this website needs a way of pasting in graphics)

copasetic

[What? And have some clown (who feels that he doesn’t need to join the Assoc., because he contributes so much exciting and valuable info to the Forum) post 25 dreary photos of his dog “steering”? Don’t hold your breath. And can you imagine what our spammers would make of freely uploadable pics? You’d be holding on to your breakfast. Here are instructions for using photos and graphics in your posts. Also consider using Flickr or a similar service and linking to your page. - Admin]

Last edited by (2007-08-25 01:37:58)

#4 2007-08-24 10:18:52

KenPole

I'll have a look at a friend's Mark V tomorrow and get back to you, but probably not until late in the day. Meanwhile, someone else might have an answer. I trust that's copacetic, as they say. Ciao.
Ken Pole
1975 Mark III Santiva
Ottawa

Ken Pole, Ottawa
1975 Mark III Santiva

#5 2007-08-28 00:38:13

amolinich

I use a 5 step ladder on the port side.  It hooks over the rail and I tie it on for a second measure.  I tried the stern thing but is was tough to get up the stern and over the rail.

Alex Molinich
Mark V
"Invincible Summer"Alex
CC27 Mark V
"Invincible Summer"

#6 2013-11-24 01:49:00

License2Keel

I know this thread is extremely old but any recommendations on where to find this style of ladder? I'm more keen on having a removable ladder given frequency of use. Would love to find an option that could attach to toe rail when needed.

Thanks ahead for any insight,

Joshua C. Harper
License To Keel, Mk V
Atlanta, GA

Joshua C. Harper
License To Keel, Mk V
Atlanta, GA

Board footer