C&C 27 Association Forum

This Forum is supported by C&C 27 owners like you whose membership in the C&C 27 Association makes possible this Forum and the accompanying site. Thank you, members, for your continuing commitment.

You are not logged in.

Announcement

if you need to reset your password, you will have to confirm the request clicking the URL in the email that you will receive (Just in case check the spam folder)
If you have any problem, please do not hesitate to contact me

#1 2007-12-17 11:25:40

bbc

Replacement fuel sender

Just purchased a 1975 Mk3 and found the rusted remains of a Teleflex fuel sender in the tank including remains of the float on the bottom. I was able to carefully remove it and the sender without dropping any more rust into the tank. I reviewed the Association's earlier conversation string about replacing old steel senders but would like some replacement advice. So far I have researched 5 models; Faria, Centroid, Moeller, WEMA, Cruzpro and the standard Teleflex. I am first inclined not to choose Teleflex again but am unsure whether any of these other styles (resistive, probe type or float arm) will work properly with my current Teleflex fuel gauge (its a question of ohms). Any experience or advice appreciated.Thanks.Mk3 HIN 456

Mk3 HIN 456

#2 2007-12-18 00:02:29

KenPole

Re: Replacement fuel sender

I purchased a Tempo 4" to 27" tank depth electric fuel sender from Canadian Tire. Works like a charm. I think these things are pretty generic. I left the original gauge in place even though the unit came with a new gauge, which I plan to swap in when I finish my rewiring job next spring. Good luck.
Ken Pole, Ottawa
1975 Mark III Santiva

Ken Pole, Ottawa
1975 Mark III Santiva

#3 2007-12-18 10:35:50

Ken, Thanks for the response. I note that the Tempo is much like the Teleflex in design and will need some adaptation to work in the baffled 14" deep tank. I will check out my local CTC store here in the Sault this weekend. I will be interested in your rewiring adventure since I need to replace the ammeter this spring.

#4 2007-12-18 13:24:21

In my experience, even the magnificent CTC on the Cambrian Mall is unlikely to have the kind of inventory or expertise that you will need.  For online shopping, I can recommend Holland Marine Products in Toronto at www.hollandmarine.com.  I don't work for them or with them, but Peter has never yet failed me.  If he doesn't list it in his catalogue, he can either get it or tell you where to find it.  And his prices are hard to beat.

Where do you moor in the Sault?  Is this your first boat, or your first C&C?

Marcus Opitz
Carriden, Mk III, Hull #847

[Marcus, please don't take this contradiction personally, but my experience of this establishment has been so profoundly negative over several visits through a period of decades that I'd strongly recommend that people avoid them. If you want lower prices and better service, look at the US leaders, such as Defender and pyacht.com. Individual mileage, as they say, may vary. - Admin]

Last edited by (2007-12-19 07:24:34)

#5 2007-12-19 06:05:14

Marcus, You may be right about CTC. Generally, there is little serious sailing stuff available locally, at least on the Canadian side. I'll check out Holland as well.

"Sea-Ya" is at the Algoma Sailing Club and has been for about 8 years, I understand. First C&C but not our first boat. Owned a Hughes Northstar on Lake of the Woods (Kenora) back in the mid 70s. Sailed new C&C 24, 25 and 27s, Ranger 28, etc. in LOWISA and club races there. Sailed a little Spindrift on St. Jos. Island while our kids were  growing up. Now it's time to get serious again. I am fortunate to have a spouse who really enjoys sailing. Thanks for asking.

Board footer