C&C 27 Association Forum

This Forum is supported by C&C 27 owners like you whose membership in the C&C 27 Association makes possible this Forum and the accompanying site. Thank you, members, for your continuing commitment.

You are not logged in.

Announcement

if you need to reset your password, you will have to confirm the request clicking the URL in the email that you will receive (Just in case check the spam folder)
If you have any problem, please do not hesitate to contact me

#1 2008-08-22 15:18:25

TBracken

The First Mk IV

After three years of longing, looking and praying for a C&C 27 (specifically a Mk III or IV), I'm finally the proud owner of [apparently] the first Mk IV to roll off the line in 1981, hull #915.  Each of the two previous owners did an excellent job taking care of her; she is in pristine condition.  I'm fortunate to have her and am looking forward to sailing her with family and friends.  I'm awash with questions and already benefiting from the wealth of helpful information archived here.  I look forward to contributing as well...

P.S. My $25 is in the mail... really :-).

-Todd
Mk IV, #915
Indianapolis, IN

;-Todd Bracken
Dauntless, C&C 27 Mk. IV #915
Indianapolis, Indiana

#2 2008-08-23 00:15:35

Re: The First Mk IV

where will "first" be sailed/docked/moored? Lake Michigan?

Enjoycopasetic

#3 2008-08-23 11:22:51

TBracken

Re: The First Mk IV

<p class="MsoNormal" style="margin: 0in 0in 0pt;">In addition to adequate accommodations for my family of five, an addition criterion was a boat that was transportable to other waters like Lake Michigan or Lake Erie.
<p class="MsoNormal" style="margin: 0in 0in 0pt;">
<p class="MsoNormal" style="margin: 0in 0in 0pt;">Don&rsquo;t laugh&hellip; I just trailered her 590 miles, through the Appalachian Mountains, from Baltimore, MD to Indianapolis, IN with a 1977 GMC Suburban, so it IS possible &ndash; It actually was not too bad, but I don&rsquo;t recommend it for the faint of heart.  The only problem&hellip; one of the tires on the borrowed trailer blew out (the person I borrowed it from has much better tires on his trailer now).  BTW, I&rsquo;m in need of a road trailer for the boat, so if you no longer need yours please let me know.
<p class="MsoNormal" style="margin: 0in 0in 0pt;">To answer the original question, she will be docked at the Indianapolis Sailing Club on Geist Reservoir in Indianapolis, Indiana.  Not a huge body of water, but adaquate.  I&rsquo;m already an active racer at the club (plus, I only live a half of a block from my dock).
<p class="MsoNormal" style="margin: 0in 0in 0pt;">-Todd
<p class="MsoNormal" style="margin: 0in 0in 0pt;">Mk IV, #915

;-Todd Bracken
Dauntless, C&C 27 Mk. IV #915
Indianapolis, Indiana

Board footer