C&C 27 Association Forum

This Forum is supported by C&C 27 owners like you whose membership in the C&C 27 Association makes possible this Forum and the accompanying site. Thank you, members, for your continuing commitment.

You are not logged in.

Announcement

if you need to reset your password, you will have to confirm the request clicking the URL in the email that you will receive (Just in case check the spam folder)
If you have any problem, please do not hesitate to contact me

#1 2008-10-18 04:38:30

TBracken

Dream Mk III/IV Trailer

From the lack of replies to my 8/26 post, <a href="toast.asp?sub=show&action=posts&fid=2&tid=4340">http://www.cc27association.com/f3/toast/toast.asp?sub=show&action=posts&fid=2&tid=4340</a>, it appears no used trailer is available at this time.

It appears I have no choice but to consider having one built.  We have a very competent custom trailer builder in the area, but he would like a plan to build to.  This provides the opportunity to design plans for the "dream" road trailer for the Mk III/IV.  I though it might be beneficial to make this a community effort (and potential "Black Arts" addition), at least for the few of us who use/need a road trailer for our 27&rsquo;s.

1.  Does anyone have existing plans / dimensional information for a C&C 27 road trailer?
2.  Does anyone have pictures of their road trailer (with or without the boat)?
3.  Should the road trailer have five post support, similar to the cradle dimensions provided in &ldquo;Black Arts," or seven post support?  If seven posts are used, where should the mid-ship posts be located as there is no internal, mid-ship structural support within the boat similar to the fore and aft bulkheads?
4.  For those who use a road trailer, what features do you like best about it?  What features do you wish you had?<br style="mso-special-character: line-break;" />
All thoughts/suggestions welcomed.
-Todd Bracken
Dauntless, C&C 27 Mk. IV #915 [the first]
Indianapolis, Indiana

;-Todd Bracken
Dauntless, C&C 27 Mk. IV #915
Indianapolis, Indiana

#2 2008-10-19 13:36:35

Re: Dream Mk III/IV Trailer

I have built 3 trailers 2 for 27s. I found the easiest way was to buy a partially completed tandem axle utility trailer and modify it.That way you get a new 7000 lb trailer with brakes as a starter for under $2000 I used 4 posts placed as the cradle and added 6" adj. screws.I used a 4x2 C channel at the centre to locate the keel.I would extend the centre keel support all the way to the tongue to further stiffen the frame if I make another

Board footer