C&C 27 Association Forum

This Forum is supported by C&C 27 owners like you whose membership in the C&C 27 Association makes possible this Forum and the accompanying site. Thank you, members, for your continuing commitment.

You are not logged in.

Announcement

if you need to reset your password, you will have to confirm the request clicking the URL in the email that you will receive (Just in case check the spam folder)
If you have any problem, please do not hesitate to contact me

#1 2008-10-23 13:17:45

Brent

MkV Sole Beams

Ok, here's an odd one. My recently purchased 84 MkV has had a rough life and I hope to give it a better chance. She started life as a hurricane boat rescued from florida and brought to Manitoba. Her previous owner slammed her into a reef on Lake Winnipeg and did some substantial damage to the hull in front of the keel. Professional repairs were made and the boat has been raced since the accident. As a result I paid very little for her and with a background of major repairs (transom replacement on a DS 22) I had no concerns about taking on a project boat. I discover new issues all the time, my most recent being this...

I removed the floorboards to check the integrity of the hull behind the keel and found the beams that run from port to starboard to be a little strange. The two behind the keel sump look normal with only a couple of drain holes in them but the two forward most over the keel sump appear to have had their sides removed immediately over the sump. The cut out is about 8 inches wide front and back but do not go into the top. The tops run continuously across the hull allowing the floor to be screwed to them. Is this a normal MkV beam or is it safe to guess that the sides were removed for access during the reef repair incident. Just another bit of glass work for the list I guess.

I love the MkV and raced on a sister-ship all summer. I can't wait to make this one race ready and begin its new life under it's new name. I'll be pouring more than a shot overboard for this vessel.
Brent D

C&C 27 MkV #15

Brent Driedger
S/V Wild Rover
C&C 27 MkV #15
;

#2 2008-10-23 23:40:34

Re: MkV Sole Beams

Hi.  I have a photo of my bilge (don't ask why).  If you send your email address, I could forward it to you.

Oasis, 1987 Mk V

Board footer