C&C 27 Association Forum

This Forum is supported by C&C 27 owners like you whose membership in the C&C 27 Association makes possible this Forum and the accompanying site. Thank you, members, for your continuing commitment.

You are not logged in.

Announcement

if you need to reset your password, you will have to confirm the request clicking the URL in the email that you will receive (Just in case check the spam folder)
If you have any problem, please do not hesitate to contact me

#1 2009-04-26 14:06:35

Boom Measurement

I am being penalized through our club measurer for having an elongated boom (six seconds). Does anyone know the proper length of a stock Mark 1, 1971 boom?

Greg Reese, Billerina,  #33

#2 2009-04-27 13:11:21

clanning

Re: Boom Measurement

"E" measurement is 10.5 feet -- it's longer than a Mk 2 or Mk 3/4 boom.
Chuck Lanning

NSC, Ottawa

Chuck Lanning
C&C 27 Mk V, Chivas & Champagne
NSC, Ottawa

#3 2009-04-28 05:39:02

Nepenthe

Isn't the  "E" measurement the length of the foot, not the boom?  On my Mark I, the boom is over a foot longer than the foot of the sail.  This is because the mainsheet leads from the end of the boom to the traveller which is mounted at the aft end of the cockpit.

Greg Tokarz, Nepenthe, C&C 27 Mk1, Hull #73

Greg Tokarz,
Nepenthe, C&C 27 Mk1, Hull #73
National Yacht Club, Toronto

#4 2009-04-28 05:56:34

clanning

Thinking twice, our measurer (Hugh) measured the sail, not the boom.

Anyhow I believe the measurement should be from the aft face of the mast to the black band near the end of the boom.

The PHRF-LO website should have this information -- the "how-to measure".

EDIT:  The PHRF definition of "E" is from the aft face of the mast to the maximum point the main is permitted to extend.  This means normally the black band -- and the foot of the mainsail needs to be measured to confirm that "E" is equal to or less than 10.5 feet for a Mk I.

Cheers,

Chuck Lanning

NSC, Ottawa

Last edited by (2009-04-28 06:50:47)

Chuck Lanning
C&C 27 Mk V, Chivas & Champagne
NSC, Ottawa

Board footer