C&C 27 Association Forum

This Forum is supported by C&C 27 owners like you whose membership in the C&C 27 Association makes possible this Forum and the accompanying site. Thank you, members, for your continuing commitment.

You are not logged in.

Announcement

if you need to reset your password, you will have to confirm the request clicking the URL in the email that you will receive (Just in case check the spam folder)
If you have any problem, please do not hesitate to contact me

#1 2009-05-04 20:21:04

windyday

Mark II window replacement details

I had new windows cut of 1/8 plexiglass, carefully cleaned out the aluminum frames and flanges, and bought the foam and gasket kit.

1. On trialling 3" of the foam and gasket to get a feel before installing, the gasket seems to go in easier than I expected. I am working indoors, so the temperatures are very comfortable, but still, should the plexi be thick enough that gasket installation takes a little work with a wooden push tool after heating in water? I did not need all that for this short test section. The new plexi windows seem to be a hair thinner than the originals. If so, then I may have to find thcker foam to push back on the inside against the gasket on the outside.

2. The instructions say to stick the foam strip to the window after putting a thin film of silicone on the flange. But
2a. I don't like silicon.
2b. The Black Arts article says to stick the foam to the window.
Does it matter?

Thanks.

Last edited by (2009-05-05 19:23:03)

---------------------

1974 Mark II C&C 27

Board footer