C&C 27 Association Forum

This Forum is supported by C&C 27 owners like you whose membership in the C&C 27 Association makes possible this Forum and the accompanying site. Thank you, members, for your continuing commitment.

You are not logged in.

Announcement

if you need to reset your password, you will have to confirm the request clicking the URL in the email that you will receive (Just in case check the spam folder)
If you have any problem, please do not hesitate to contact me

#1 2004-06-26 22:59:25

wjames

muffler

"Sesiya" is my boat, bought new in 1976, sail out of N. Georgian Bay.
Had to replace the water pump impellor the other day, but the engine cut out and we eventually found the muffler tank had an inch of crud (bits of rust?) blocking the flow. Now I feel that I ought to replace the muffler tank, and am looking for sources and advice please. Please copy your advice to Bill James (address removed) Thanks a lot.Bill

Please address your responses to the Forum – that way we all learn, which is the point of having a Forum. Bill has logged in and so will receive an automated notice that your reply has been posted. Thank you.
—Admin

Last edited by (2004-06-27 23:03:56)

Bill
Sesiya, #643 1975
Parry Sound & Bayfield Inlet, Georgian Bay

#2 2004-06-28 01:56:22

Re: muffler

I am going to take a guess and say that your boat has an Atomic 4 engine... when my original aqualift muffler went ( rusted through from salt water ) I replaced with a fiberglass one... these are available through West Marine (either store or online) or through your local chandlery... they do not cost much, easy install, and no rust inside or out.

Just match the size to your engine HP range.....

"IRIS"
1975 C&C 27 Mklll
Hull # 750453
Kittery Point, Maine

Board footer