C&C 27 Association Forum

This Forum is supported by C&C 27 owners like you whose membership in the C&C 27 Association makes possible this Forum and the accompanying site. Thank you, members, for your continuing commitment.

You are not logged in.

Announcement

if you need to reset your password, you will have to confirm the request clicking the URL in the email that you will receive (Just in case check the spam folder)
If you have any problem, please do not hesitate to contact me

#1 2010-02-06 00:16:05

Waxes

I have the Jet Blue coloured hull that is extremely sensitive to oxidation and discolouring. I seek expert advice as to the best waxes and techniques to make the hull look new again.

Last edited by (2010-02-07 07:21:54)

#2 2010-02-06 07:22:09

Strider

Re: Waxes

Hey there,

I have been using a 3M product which is a rubbing compound/ wax all in one. I don't remember exactly what it is called off the top of my head, but I believe there are different varieties of grit depending on the level of oxidization. Have been using for the past few seasons, and it does a good job of making the old girl shine like new. A cheap electric car buffer saves a lot of elbow grease!

Hope that helps.

Ian

'73 C&C27 MKII 'STRIDER"

#3 2010-02-07 06:00:23

pura vida

I have a blue hull with similar problems. I have found that Woody Wax Ultragloss Fiberglass Restoring Compound will work great if you follow the directions exactly. Second the buffer.
Mike M
SV Wind Horse
Galveston, Tx

Mike M
SV Wind Horse
Galveston, Tx

#4 2010-02-07 07:18:39

foroadmin
Administrator

There is a thread called "Topsides Restoration" from October that covers exactly this territory. Read this and see if there still are unanswered questions. If so, add them to that thread. This one is locked.

- Admin

Last edited by (2010-02-07 07:21:51)

Board footer