C&C 27 Association Forum

This Forum is supported by C&C 27 owners like you whose membership in the C&C 27 Association makes possible this Forum and the accompanying site. Thank you, members, for your continuing commitment.

You are not logged in.

Announcement

if you need to reset your password, you will have to confirm the request clicking the URL in the email that you will receive (Just in case check the spam folder)
If you have any problem, please do not hesitate to contact me

#1 2004-07-04 01:58:07

Adjustable Tracks for Blocks

[Post moved from original location to create a distinct topic.]

I'm a new owner, and was just noticing, I do not have possession as of this moment, but as of tomorrow….

Do all the blocks attach to the toe rail? I have no tracks on this boat to adjust my blocks for sheet angle etc. Is this typical of the 27’s and do owners put adjustable tracks on?

Mark Fischer

Grand Traverse Yacht Club

Traverse City MI

Last edited by (2004-07-04 02:02:09)

#2 2004-07-04 07:01:20

Re: Adjustable Tracks for Blocks

You don't say what age or mark of boat you have bought, but... the original 27 did not have inboard tracks but many people added them. I can't tell you about the Mk V, but doubtless someone here will know.

If you're racing, you may want the ability to shift to the highest available pointing mode for tactical reasons. If you're primarily cruising, though, I'd stick with snatch blocks on the toerail. You'll sacrifice a couple of degrees of pointing ability, but I'd argue that these boats are happier and probably quicker sailing a point free.

There's a discussion of the process of adding tracks in Black Arts which is applicable to any cored deck.

Board footer