C&C 27 Association Forum

This Forum is supported by C&C 27 owners like you whose membership in the C&C 27 Association makes possible this Forum and the accompanying site. Thank you, members, for your continuing commitment.

You are not logged in.

Announcement

if you need to reset your password, you will have to confirm the request clicking the URL in the email that you will receive (Just in case check the spam folder)
If you have any problem, please do not hesitate to contact me

#1 2010-03-20 07:47:10

MK V port backrest cushion

I recently purchased an 1985 Mark 5 that is missing the port-side back-rest cushion that converts into the double berth.  I would like to make a new one, but need to dimensions and construction details.  I was very disappointed to hear that the previous owner removed it from the boat and lost it.  I would be most greatful to anyone who would take the time to send me pictures and some internal details of the construction of the assembly.

Thanks again,

Brian       

#2 2010-03-21 00:00:16

Steve Reid

Re: MK V port backrest cushion

Brian:
Where are you located? I'd be willling to loan you my bolster if you want to use it to make a new one. I don't use the bolster unless we are cruising, which isn't that often. You can also contact Rob at South Shore Yachts, I'd be willing to bet that he has original drawings he can get you copies of, or at the very least the dimensions.

Steve Reid
Still Knot Working
C&C 27 MK V #75

#3 2010-03-21 03:43:16

Thanks, I am located in Howell Michigan, but the boat is located in Muskegon, Mi.  I plan to make the trip around the lakes in late May or early June to its new home on Lake St Clair, and wanted to make one before I leave.  I heard they are a little cumbersome, but just notice that my newly purchased boat is missing this cushion.  All of the cushions were standing on edge when I looked at the boat and I never tried to position each one until this weekend.  My mistake!!!  It is still a great boat, that is well maintained, but still major disappointment.  Thank you for the offer and the idea of getting the orginal drawings.  Have you done that before?  I will try this week.  If this does not I will take you up on your offer to look at yours.

Thanks,

Brian           

#4 2010-03-21 05:24:02

Steve Reid

Brian:
South Shore Yachts has just about anything has just about anything you can think of that's C&C. Rob has been able to get me, or steer me to, where I can get it. It's worth a try to contact them. You can get their contact in for through the Links & Contacts section of this web site, just one thing, you'll have better luch calling rather than relying on email.

Steve 

#5 2010-03-23 07:02:15

Well just struck-out at South Shore, I may need to take you up on your offer to help. Where are you located. 

Brian 

#6 2010-03-23 07:32:07

dmoores

Brian, did you buy Stewball?  I looked at that boat in Muskegon late last year and it's a nice one!  I recall not seeing the backrest on it. Ended up getting my C&C MkV here in Canada.

I have the backrest here at home right now and would be happy to send detail pics and precise measurements if that would help  (I may leave it home anyway as it's quite heavy and I'm going to race).

Dave Moores

#7 2010-03-23 21:56:39

Dave / Brian;

May I also get some pictures and a copy of measurements for the portside backrest.  My Mark V did not have that when I purchased the boat.  Thanks.

Charlie Rouse crouse at ibrinc . org

#8 2010-03-24 03:42:55

Steve Reid

Brian:
I'm in the Toronto area, sounds like C Rouse is closer to you than I am so maybe he can help you. If you don't have any luck let me know and I'll dig my bolster out of the garage attic and take some pictures and dimensions. We don't use the back rest because i mostly race and hate carrying the thing around it's pretty heavy and just get in the way for stacking sails in the main cabid during races.
Let me know if I can be of further assistance.

steve

#9 2010-03-24 12:10:03

Yes I bought stewball. I would be greatful if you could take pictures and measurements. I am very interested in the structural design. My email address is bmcdonell@android-ind.com.

Thanks again!

Brian

Board footer