C&C 27 Association Forum

This Forum is supported by C&C 27 owners like you whose membership in the C&C 27 Association makes possible this Forum and the accompanying site. Thank you, members, for your continuing commitment.

You are not logged in.

Announcement

if you need to reset your password, you will have to confirm the request clicking the URL in the email that you will receive (Just in case check the spam folder)
If you have any problem, please do not hesitate to contact me

#1 2010-03-23 00:02:05

outdoor

Spinnaker Rigging

I purchased a MKIII late last season.  Have not sailed it yet.

Came with a D.R.S, which I understand is a Drifter Reaching Spinnaker? or an asymmetrical Spinnaker.  Have not hoisted it since I have not as I said sailed the boat yet.

What I'm confused with is I have 2 poles 1 adj length, i assume is a whisker pole, and another up on the deck, I assume is a spinnaker pole.

There is a track on the mast as well as a pad eye and a block on the deck about 3 feet from the bow.

I'm not sure what the pad eye or block is for or the spinnaker pole since I thought with an asymmetrical a pole is not required.

any comments on how you think all these would be used?  link to pics/instructions?

#2 2010-03-25 04:17:06

Re: Spinnaker Rigging

The block and padeye is for the down haul on the spinnaker pole. There should be a line running back to a cleat somwehere in the cockpit area. You're right, you don't really need a pole for a asym but it's nice to have when you want to run deep. Also, it sounds like it was set up for a sym and someone changed their plans.
C&C 27 Mark III 1978

Hull#670

"Shifts and Giggles"

C&C 27 Mark III 1978
Hull#670
"Shifts and Giggles"

#3 2010-03-25 04:41:04

outdoor

That is what I thought the block was used for down haul.  How is the Padeye used though?  It already has a track for a pole?

The previous owner has owned it since 1975, so either he used to have a sym or as you said he used the pole, downhaul etc.... when running direct down or deep?

I've never used any type of spinnaker so is that what you would do it still use a pole on an asymmetrical when deep downwind?  If you are using pole you then need downhaul?

#4 2010-03-25 05:05:02

A lot of people use the padeye to hook the halyard to when not in use.

Yes

Yes.
C&C 27 Mark III 1978

Hull#670

"Shifts and Giggles"

C&C 27 Mark III 1978
Hull#670
"Shifts and Giggles"

Board footer