C&C 27 Association Forum

This Forum is supported by C&C 27 owners like you whose membership in the C&C 27 Association makes possible this Forum and the accompanying site. Thank you, members, for your continuing commitment.

You are not logged in.

Announcement

if you need to reset your password, you will have to confirm the request clicking the URL in the email that you will receive (Just in case check the spam folder)
If you have any problem, please do not hesitate to contact me

#1 2004-07-22 00:10:48

Engine Control Panel Pull Knobs?

I just bought a 1979 C&C 27 Mk III.  The plastic pull knobs on the ignition switch and on the bilge blower switch are cracked and broken.  I have been trying several sources to find where I can buy some new ones  without any success.  Does anyone know where I can find these elusive little knobs?  I live in the Toronto area, and would prefer to get them locally, but if need be, I will order them in from out of town.  Thanks in advance for any tips!

#2 2004-07-22 00:32:49

Re: Engine Control Panel Pull Knobs?

Last person that asked me this question was able to find them at Canadian Tire in the Automotive section.

#3 2004-07-22 02:09:38

You may not be able to find the exact copies of those knobs, but if you think a little creatively you might be able to find knobs in places like radio shack, home depot, etc.... in different colours..... it has been a while but the ones I found the holes were a different size from the original, thus some thickened epoxy and a little bit of tape fixed that issue..... for me red is the ignition, blue the blower, green the choke...... I think you get the picture

"IRIS"
1975 C&C 27 MKlll
Hull # 27-453
Kittery Point, Maine

#4 2004-07-26 05:32:44

Check to see if you have a "Cole Hersee" Distributor in your area. They have two different replacement knobs in their catalogue.  Part Number's  M-8113-10 and M-8197-10.

Regards
Ralph Ainslie
Hyperion

Board footer