C&C 27 Association Forum

This Forum is supported by C&C 27 owners like you whose membership in the C&C 27 Association makes possible this Forum and the accompanying site. Thank you, members, for your continuing commitment.

You are not logged in.

Announcement

if you need to reset your password, you will have to confirm the request clicking the URL in the email that you will receive (Just in case check the spam folder)
If you have any problem, please do not hesitate to contact me

#1 2004-08-01 03:06:30

For Sale C&C 27 Mk 2

C&C 27/2 model in good condition and clean. Atomic 4 engine is V.G. Harken furler. 100%,160% and mainsail in good cruising condition. Shore power and cord. AC refrigeration. 6 winches(2x 2 spd). All safety equip. with flares dated for use 'til 2006.Updated interior cushions. Recent lexan windows and hatchboard. No deck or cabin leaks. GPS. ST20 knot/log. Folding cradle. Two areas of deck delamination repaired. All non-skid re-done with "Polycoatings" two part coating. Mahogany/Ash tiller. Masthead wind vane. Mainsail halyard to cockpit. Double lifelines w/ 2 gates. Solar vent in cabin. VHF radio. Two anchors w/rodes. Much other equipmentt.
Main sheet traveller re-located to bridge deck. Mark 3/4 rudder available for retrofit. This is a very sound two owner fresh water(always) boat that shows pride of ownership. Located Hamilton, On.  Cad.$16,000 firm. 905-333-0665. Photos available by e-mail. Health reason for sale.

Last edited by (2004-08-26 10:48:26)

#2 2004-08-02 07:26:58

Re: For Sale C&C 27 Mk 2

Bob,
I'm curious, can you retrofit/replace a MKII rudder with a MKIII rudder.  Looking on the site, there are a couple of pictures of  both rudders side by side.  The transom/hull around the rudder looks to be slightly different so a match would be difficult.
Thanks,
Bruce Peever

#3 2004-08-02 11:24:13

Re: For Sale C&C 27 Mk 2

Bruce: Refer to "forum" posting on page 3: "rudder for C&C 27 Mk1. In particular a posting by davidww1 dated 10/27/03.
I think that the various postings will attest to the viability of retrofitting the later rudders to the earlier Mk1 & 2 models.
I do note that the later rudder which I have is quite heavy as the shaft is solid SS as opposed to the SS pipe on my Mk2 model. As my "new" rudder came from a wheel steering Mk3, I will have to have a casting made that will adapt the square shaft top(emergency tiller) to my existing tiller head. I have made a wooden model of what is required and will have it cast in bronze in the near future.Hope this answers your question.  Bob Honsberger

Board footer