C&C 27 Association Forum

This Forum is supported by C&C 27 owners like you whose membership in the C&C 27 Association makes possible this Forum and the accompanying site. Thank you, members, for your continuing commitment.

You are not logged in.

Announcement

if you need to reset your password, you will have to confirm the request clicking the URL in the email that you will receive (Just in case check the spam folder)
If you have any problem, please do not hesitate to contact me

#1 2010-06-17 00:10:28

VernonSailor

Reefing the MK V

I have recently purchased a C&C 27 MK V Hull 520 and had a "little" reefing issue last night in 20 - 25 Knots of wind.

In trying to reef, we discovered a key item missing, the eye straps referred to in Steve Reid's post 8/30/2007 to Gary of Godspeed.

Very poor sail shape without these!

Does anyone out there have a photo of the eye strap and their rigging they can send me so I can duplicate them?

Also it seems the gate on the mast keeping the the main luff slugs is not standard or very functional.

Again does anyone out there have a photo of the gate for me?

Thanks in advance for helping out the new guy.

Rob Ladan _/)
Airborne ll MK V #520
Vernon Yacht Club, Vernon BC

Rob Ladan _/)
Airborne ll MK V #520
Vernon Yacht Club, Vernon BC

#2 2010-06-17 05:04:56

Steve Reid

Re: Reefing the MK V

Rob:
I'm racing tonight, so I'll take some pictures of the eye straps for you. I can't help you out on the mast gate, as mine is not standard, I had to have it modified when I got my current main as the luff slides (at the batten ends were different and wouldn't fit with the original mast gate. I'll try and get you a picture of the mast gate on Distant Thunder (hull #69, or the one on Minx #154.

Steve Reid
Still Knot working Mark V #75

#3 2010-06-18 00:39:39

Steve Reid

Re: Reefing the MK V

Rob:
I was able to take some pictures last night, but figuring out how to upload them to this sight is too much for my simple mind to comprehend
If you email me at steve(do.t)reidsteve (at)allstream(dot)net I'll send them back to you by return email.

Steve Reid
Still Knot Working Mark V #75

[Steve, you can't upload to this site; our forum software doesn't have that capability (a workaround is given <a href:"http://www.cc27association.com/site/view.html" target:"_blank">here</a> for the adventurous and compulsive exhibitionists). Please copy me on the photos (address at the bottom of the first page of The Fleet). It's not an issue that's come up before, but who knows? Thanks - Admin]

Last edited by (2010-06-18 02:51:00)

Board footer