C&C 27 Association Forum

This Forum is supported by C&C 27 owners like you whose membership in the C&C 27 Association makes possible this Forum and the accompanying site. Thank you, members, for your continuing commitment.

You are not logged in.

Announcement

if you need to reset your password, you will have to confirm the request clicking the URL in the email that you will receive (Just in case check the spam folder)
If you have any problem, please do not hesitate to contact me

#1 2009-12-17 02:39:27

Tonyj

Cockpit Locker Drain

Hi:

I opened the cockpit locker on my Mk V the other day and noticed a puddle of rain water under the battery tray.  I was surprised to find it hadn't drained into the bilge.  Is there a plugged weep hole I missed?  Do I need to add one?
Yes, I know, why don't I just find the leak and solve the problem once and for all?

Fair Winds,

Tony Jeske
Mk V #581
San Diego

#2 2009-12-17 05:53:57

Re: Cockpit Locker Drain

yes you have a hole on the bottom of the cockpit, but is not on the bottom corner so you need a bit of water before pass by.

The cockpit cover is very low on the rear side so when you have an heavy rain, the water pass there.

I fix the problem by get inside the cockpit locker and look wich thickness is require to seal the rear side with a self adhesive automotive rubber. You sould also check the water leakage by the screws who fix the locker cover.

Jean of NEOGA'S MV

#3 2010-06-28 02:12:33

jacksonh

I just recently had the same problem.  We've had lots of rain recently in the Tampa Bay area.  I found about 2/3 gallons of rainwater in the locker from the last week's rain.  I got it all out yesterday, with a wet/dry vac which is how I know how much water was in there. Checked this morning and found a small puddle at the bottom, about 1/2 quart of water.  The previous owner swears he never encountered this problem before. This makes me a little nervous. Did you fix it?  If so, how?  Can anyone help me diagnose further?

#4 2010-06-30 00:37:26

Tonyj

Hi Jacksonh:
I still haven't done anything on my boat to find and seal up the leak.  It doesn't rain a lot here in sunny San Diego. I think Jean's suggestion of climbing into the locker and looking for gaps in the lid is a good one.  If you do try that, let us know how it worked out.
Regard,
Tony Jeske
Mk V #581
FLYING CIRCUS
San Diego   

Board footer