C&C 27 Association Forum

This Forum is supported by C&C 27 owners like you whose membership in the C&C 27 Association makes possible this Forum and the accompanying site. Thank you, members, for your continuing commitment.

You are not logged in.

Announcement

if you need to reset your password, you will have to confirm the request clicking the URL in the email that you will receive (Just in case check the spam folder)
If you have any problem, please do not hesitate to contact me

#1 2011-07-03 10:49:39

pura vida

Enjoy the Summer

Well guys, it's been several months since I donated Wind Horse to Doctors Without Borders. She has a new home somewhere in Louisiana and a new skipper who came and sailed her off without a second thought. And me... I'm back to racing motorcycles.

Anyway, I was just dropping by to wish my old internet friends a happy sailing season. Texas has had good winds, but high temperatures so far this year. I understand that the lakes may have had some rainier weather.

You sail a very special boat. Take care of them.

Mike M
Galveston
Late of 375 "Wind Horse"

Mike M
SV Wind Horse
Galveston, Tx

#2 2011-07-09 00:46:06

windyday

Re: Enjoy the Summer

Nice message. All the best in your new adventures. We're having a great summer aboard our gracious old Mk II, decked out in all new this and that.
---------------------

1974 Mark II C&C 27

---------------------

1974 Mark II C&C 27

#3 2011-07-11 12:38:50

ALAN FORD

Good to hear from you Mike. The ice melted and that OKie steer jumped out of the bathtub and is heading South, looking for a motorcycle to gore........so beware,
Should you be up this way there are fleets of 27's just waiting to welcome you.
Cheers
Alan
Alan of SMOKE 1984 Mk V 002

#4 2013-10-29 11:46:50

ALAN FORD

I have just had a great exchange with Mike Matthews and he asked me to relay his best wishes to all his old C&C 27 friends. 'Wind Horse', after three years with Medecins Sans Frontiers, has a new and caring owner who called Mike for help with his new boat........only to discover that he was talking to her previous owner. The new owner re-christened her to 'Wind Horse',....what a happy event.
Mike is busy with his several BMW motor bikes, and has entered  the 30th running of the famous 'LA-Barstow-LasVegas Ride', nearly 500 miles across the desert in two days....on motor bikes!!    You can see all about this form of enjoyable physical torture on Google. He did it last year, but says this time is the last time.....Mike was in St John's, NL earlier this year and had a great time, so says he will be back next year. He sounds the same cheerful Mike of old, it was fun finding him again.

6 December, 2013. An update to confirm that Mike completed that desert ride, as did his BMW bike. He  is now back home recovering from his exertions and again asks that I relay his best wishes to you all.

Last edited by (2013-12-06 09:24:44)

Board footer