C&C 27 Association Forum

This Forum is supported by C&C 27 owners like you whose membership in the C&C 27 Association makes possible this Forum and the accompanying site. Thank you, members, for your continuing commitment.

You are not logged in.

Announcement

if you need to reset your password, you will have to confirm the request clicking the URL in the email that you will receive (Just in case check the spam folder)
If you have any problem, please do not hesitate to contact me

#1 2011-08-09 01:21:19

Tonyj

Foot pump for galley sink

Hi:
I'm not a fan of the flipper pump on the galley sink on my MkV.  I'd like to replace it with a foot pump, but fitting one looks tricky.  Has anyone done this?
Regards,
Tony Jeske
FLYING CIRCUS #581
San Diego

#2 2011-08-09 06:18:49

bosco

Re: Foot pump for galley sink

Hi Tony. 

As a suggestion, try an electric pump which may be much easier to rig up. I cannot recall now but I beleieve I bought mine at an RV dealership (cheaper than a marina). It came with a 12 volt pump and a tap mounted on a base which had a switch for the pump. I later changed the switch to a push-button (so it couln't be left on.)
Clare Jordan
Aragorn

Clare Jordan,
Stormont Yacht Club,
Long Sault

#3 2011-08-09 07:58:32

KenPole

Installed a foot pump last year in the galley area and an electric one for the head sink. Foot pump installation was a no-brainer; I drilled a hole for the pedal and then screwed the pump onto a small plywood plaform screwed to the inside of the locker. Can send some pix later in the week.
Ken Pole, Ottawa
1975 Mark III Santiva

Ken Pole, Ottawa
1975 Mark III Santiva

#4 2011-09-23 07:53:06

KenPole

Following up on my earlier response, you didn't indicate whether you wanted pix. Maybe I wasn't clear enough. Let me know. Cheers.
Ken Pole, Ottawa
1975 Mark III Santiva

Ken Pole, Ottawa
1975 Mark III Santiva

#5 2011-09-24 01:06:23

Tonyj

Hi Ken:
I won't need a photo.  Your description was enough to show me how it's done.
Thanks,
Tony
MkV #581
FLYING CIRCUS
San Diego

Board footer