C&C 27 Association Forum

This Forum is supported by C&C 27 owners like you whose membership in the C&C 27 Association makes possible this Forum and the accompanying site. Thank you, members, for your continuing commitment.

You are not logged in.

Announcement

if you need to reset your password, you will have to confirm the request clicking the URL in the email that you will receive (Just in case check the spam folder)
If you have any problem, please do not hesitate to contact me

#1 2004-09-19 08:39:53

SW Fl Hurricanes

We own a marina in Ft Myers---and my 27--mk3 is in slip #1.  In prep for Damn you Charley I decided to leave the boat in the slip---
Put out a Bruce 33# with 25' of3/8ths and 200' 5/8 nylon and a 10# sentinal.  Four normal dock lines and 19 springlines---all sails below----etc.

We got about 70 mph and took some dammage (including my Hunter 22' taking some bad hits out of the water) but the c/c came thru in dandy shape------left everything as was for Frances----only 50 mph -----but again no serious damage.
Ivan missed us---on the W coast---but some beautiful sailboats met their end elsewhere in Fl.
Anyway one more oldie but goodie lives to sail again---
Dave

#2 2004-09-20 09:29:59

Re: SW Fl Hurricanes

well done.  just goes to show what a few percautions can do...I've seen lots of photos of boats damaged by those two storms, boats with headsails up and furled, boats with mainsails on the boom, boats with no evidence of spring lines......of course, it's easy to talk on Lake Ontario - no hurricanes!

#3 2004-10-03 12:02:45

Hey Dave,
    I am assuming you are the Dave that responded to my "Charlie Sheets" questions about trailering and misc. questions in the forum.  I was curious about how you guys fared in the recent hurricanes.  Also about the marina you sail your boat out of.  I have sailed in Charlotte Harbor, rented a Cal 24 from Southwest Florida Yachts in Ft. Myers.  It was in Burnt Store Marina and was an enjoyable weekend.  I guess I just want to expand my horizons.  Sailing Lake Lanier is enjoyable, but as with most lakes it is land locked and having sailed on it for years, I just want to see something different.  Anyway, look under my profile and email me at that address.  I want to thank all you guys for responding to my questions, it's great to have such an experience base to call on for the things I want to do with Sea Robin.

#4 2004-10-04 00:50:05

The big attraction of SW Fl, for me anyway, is the keys.  From the seabouy at Ft Myers Beach---leave on a clear night----put away all your nav stuff----keep the N star where it is supposed to be----100 mi later (in time for cocktail hr) you'll find Key West----pricey----but you can drop the hook----everyone should go there---at least once---Then the Dry Tortugas---some good open water sailing---grouper on the grill will cost you a sixpack from those guys that fish---lots of neat places to visit.  Have fun.
Dave at Manateeworld---Ft Myers

Board footer