C&C 27 Association Forum

This Forum is supported by C&C 27 owners like you whose membership in the C&C 27 Association makes possible this Forum and the accompanying site. Thank you, members, for your continuing commitment.

You are not logged in.

Announcement

if you need to reset your password, you will have to confirm the request clicking the URL in the email that you will receive (Just in case check the spam folder)
If you have any problem, please do not hesitate to contact me

#1 2012-06-10 07:12:05

Chivas

Fuse location

I've have a '85 MK V. My steaming / bow deck light doesn't light. I changed the lights while the mast was down this spring. Now that it's up they don't work. I've tried to find the fuses without much luck. Can someone tell me if they exist or where they have been located?
Cheers.
Stephen Hnatyshyn
Chivas & Champagne, Mk V
Nepean Sailing Club
Nepean, ON

Stephen Hnatyshyn
Chivas & Champagne, Mk V
Nepean Sailing Club
Nepean, ON

#2 2012-06-11 01:48:27

Steve Reid

Re: Fuse location

Stephen:
Mine (and on every Mark V, I've seen) are controlled by a switch (which is a circuit breaker) on the switch panel directly above the engine conpartment and below the companionway.
On my boat we had to rework the wiring at the thru deck connection as there was a break in the wires.

Steve Reid
Still Knot Working, Mark V #75

#3 2012-06-11 02:54:37

Tonyj

Hi:
I agree with Steve Reid that the problem is most likely terminal corrosion at the mast/deck connector.  You may find it helpful to look at Maine Sail's article on marine connections:
http://www.pbase.com/mainecruising/wire_termination

Good Luck,
Tony Jeske
FLYING CIRCUS MkV #581
San Diego

#4 2012-06-11 03:06:16

Chivas

Excellent, Thank you.
Stephen Hnatyshyn
Chivas & Champagne, Mk V
Nepean Sailing Club
Nepean, ON

Stephen Hnatyshyn
Chivas & Champagne, Mk V
Nepean Sailing Club
Nepean, ON

#5 2012-06-12 04:59:20

Steve Reid

Stephen are there any other Mark V's at Napean? If so how many and are they racing?

Steve Reid

#6 2012-06-12 06:54:53

Chivas

Out of 34 C&C27's at the club, 4 are Mk v's. I personally don't race (yet) so I don't know who races from the rest of the mk v's. Sorry I couldn't be of more help. You planning on coming to the NOD?
Stephen Hnatyshyn
Chivas & Champagne, Mk V
Nepean Sailing Club
Nepean, ON

Stephen Hnatyshyn
Chivas & Champagne, Mk V
Nepean Sailing Club
Nepean, ON

#7 2012-06-15 01:58:20

Steve Reid

Stephen:
No not planning on coming for the NOD, but considering trying to get some sort of an interclub/area challange going for the Mark V's. I think I can stir up interest her in the Toronto area and if there are 4 or 5 Mark V's that race in the Ottawa area maybe we can throw down the gauntlet for Mark V supremicy. If there is interest in your area why not contact me directly by emai srsail at rogers dot com or we can discuss by phone 905-731-5825

Steve

Board footer