C&C 27 Association Forum

This Forum is supported by C&C 27 owners like you whose membership in the C&C 27 Association makes possible this Forum and the accompanying site. Thank you, members, for your continuing commitment.

You are not logged in.

Announcement

if you need to reset your password, you will have to confirm the request clicking the URL in the email that you will receive (Just in case check the spam folder)
If you have any problem, please do not hesitate to contact me

#1 2003-07-08 05:52:08

C&C s7 Spinnaker lines

I am interested in advice on running lines for Spinnaker use.  e.g. where to mount the blocks, what size blocks, where to rig tweakers (or twangs), and suggestions on the foreguy (block at the bow?, single purchase or double?).  And, do we really need this big spinnaker pole?
I have a C&C 27 Mark III, 1978.
Thanks for any advice.

#2 2003-07-10 01:11:25

Re: C&C s7 Spinnaker lines

You need to mount the blocks or should I say attach them to your toe rail appoximently 2 feet from your stern. Tweakers should be a foot aft of mid ship and I use blocks for uphaul and down haul at the base of the mast single purchase and no block at the bow, and yes you do need that big pole.

#3 2003-07-12 09:02:05

Thanks for the answer.  Final question:  where do you mount the cam cleats for the tweakers and for the pole uphaul, downhaul? 
The tweaker lines as I see it have to run over the genoa track and depending where the cam cleats are mounted, the line may get in the way of the genoa block.
Do you use clutches for the pole uphaul, downhaul?
Any help would be appreciated!

#4 2003-07-12 09:02:12

Thanks for the answer.  Final question:  where do you mount the cam cleats for the tweakers and for the pole uphaul, downhaul? 
The tweaker lines as I see it have to run over the genoa track and depending where the cam cleats are mounted, the line may get in the way of the genoa block.
Do you use clutches for the pole uphaul, downhaul?
Any help would be appreciated!

#5 2003-07-14 07:26:21

We have blocks with cam cleats attach to the toe rail, that way we did not need to drill unnessary holes, same type of block used for the main sheet system except smaller, and and for the up haul down haul we use Spin Lock sheet stoppers

Board footer