C&C 27 Association Forum

This Forum is supported by C&C 27 owners like you whose membership in the C&C 27 Association makes possible this Forum and the accompanying site. Thank you, members, for your continuing commitment.

You are not logged in.

Announcement

if you need to reset your password, you will have to confirm the request clicking the URL in the email that you will receive (Just in case check the spam folder)
If you have any problem, please do not hesitate to contact me

#1 2013-03-07 10:13:34

arnellh

PHRF ratings MK V

I have one of the few if any MK V's on the West coast.  I cannot find any PHRF ratings for the MK V. Racing clubs around the country have quite varied ratings for the MK I, II, and III, a very few for the IV and none I can find for the V.  Do any owners out there have ratings for their V's, or can point me to any source to establish a rating?  I intend to race this boat in an open fleet on Clear Lake in California and need to establish a viable rating. 

Arnellh
David Hicks
C & C 27 Mark V, hull 167
Konocti Bay Sailing Club
Clear Lake Sailing Club, CA

David Hicks
Konocti Bay Sailing Club

#2 2013-03-07 13:40:34

VernonSailor

Re: PHRF ratings MK V

In BC  we subscribe to PHRF Nortwest

Check out phrf-nw.org.

Ratings for the four boats in our fleet range from 195 to 207

Rob Ladan _/)
Airborne ll MK V #520
Vernon Yacht Club, Vernon BC

Rob Ladan _/)
Airborne ll MK V #520
Vernon Yacht Club, Vernon BC

#3 2013-03-07 14:49:18

arnellh

Thanks Rob,

I assume all 4 boats are MK V's?  If so why is there an 8 point spread?    Many North American racing groups publish the ratings for all their boats for the world to see on line.  Apparently your group requires me to join to see ratings.  Is there something special I could learn by joining, which I don't really want to do just to get info. 

Thanks

David
David Hicks
Konocti Bay Sailing Club

David Hicks
Konocti Bay Sailing Club

#4 2013-03-08 02:49:04

Tonyj

Hi David:

I race my MkV in the Silver Gate YC Family Fleet, located in San Diego.  FLYING CIRCUS is PHRF rated at 192.  That includes +6 sec for a two blade non-folding prop and +6 seconds for roller furling.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Tony Jeske

#5 2013-03-09 07:08:50

JWente

On Lake Ontario the MKV are 177 and the Mkiii  are 187 - flying sails

#6 2013-03-09 23:09:50

ALAN FORD

On Lake Ontario my MK V is 198 white sail with 155% genoa and a folding prop. Like Jim Wente I'm 177 flying sails
Alan of SMOKE 1984 Mk V 002

Alan of SMOKE 1984 Mk V 002

Board footer