C&C 27 Association Forum

This Forum is supported by C&C 27 owners like you whose membership in the C&C 27 Association makes possible this Forum and the accompanying site. Thank you, members, for your continuing commitment.

You are not logged in.

Announcement

if you need to reset your password, you will have to confirm the request clicking the URL in the email that you will receive (Just in case check the spam folder)
If you have any problem, please do not hesitate to contact me

#1 2004-10-24 14:06:00

Hull work

I have a crack in the hull, below the water level that will need some work.   Any recommendations on who is good to look after this kind of stuff? 
You can post here, or e-mail <A href="mailto:ferreira_john@yahoo.com">ferreira_john@yahoo.com</A>.
I'll follow-up with findings later. 

#2 2004-10-25 15:14:29

Re: Hull work

John, I think Bristol Marine in Port Credit can be trusted to do reliable although expensive work.  If you can't or don't want to move the boat this winter, I know a guy who can do good on the spot repairs, but I've misplaced his phone number.  If you want, I can find it for you.  As another Mk V owner, I would be interested in learning more about this problem.  How did the crack develop, where is it, etc.  Can you post a picture?
Bob, S/V Heatwave

#3 2004-10-26 00:19:46

Re: Hull work

Not 100% sure how the crack got there, but I highly suspect it was due to stress at this year's Youngstown raft.  The swells built up at night, once the raft was set.  I was in the middle of the raft and it wasn't possible to get out by that time of the night. 
I usually stay on the outside of the raft, but this year we got there a bit too early on Friday afternoon. 
I'll post more info when I know more. 
I'm in contact with Bristol already, but as with any of this stuff, I'd like a second opinion.  So, if you have somebody else's name please send it to me. 
Thanks

Board footer