C&C 27 Association Forum

This Forum is supported by C&C 27 owners like you whose membership in the C&C 27 Association makes possible this Forum and the accompanying site. Thank you, members, for your continuing commitment.

You are not logged in.

Announcement

if you need to reset your password, you will have to confirm the request clicking the URL in the email that you will receive (Just in case check the spam folder)
If you have any problem, please do not hesitate to contact me

#1 2013-08-07 07:53:27

MarkD

MkV storm jib

I am looking for a 90% or similar size jib for our MK5
Mark Doucette
St Margaret's Bay
Nova Scotia

Mark Doucette MKV Hull # 067 "Easy Does It"
St Margaret's Bay
Nova Scotia

#2 2013-10-24 09:31:09

Re: MkV storm jib

Hi,
I have a storm jib that has never been used. It has a luff tape.
Interested contact me and I will dig it out of the loft in the garage.
Brian
Engine installed works great see Black Arts. New Engine for Redeeded. The following is the original post........I have a C&C27 Mark V which was brought up from Maryland. I believe the Yanmar 1GM10 was exposed to salt water. The engine is very noisy, vibrates more than I like (have folding prop and know when it is open fully) and to me is not very environmentally friendly. I have just purchase a Beta Marine BZ482 (13.9HP) which is built in England. The engine is about the same size and weights a little less. Question: Does anyone have any experience with re-powering their boat. If so, would you be willing to share your experience with me.
Brian - BYC - "Redeemed" 1985 Mark V

Engine installed works great see Black Arts. New Engine for Redeeded. The following is the original post........I have a C&C27 Mark V which was brought up from Maryland. I believe the Yanmar 1GM10 was exposed to salt water. The engine is very noisy, vibrates more than I like (have folding prop and know when it is open fully) and to me is not very environmentally friendly. I have just purchase a Beta Marine BZ482 (13.9HP) which is built in England. The engine is ;about the same size and weights a little less. Question: Does anyone have any experience with re-powering their boat. If so, would you be willing to share your experience with me.
Brian - BYC - "Redeemed" 1985 Mark V

#3 2013-10-25 02:56:27

MarkD

Re: MkV storm jib

Sure.  What do you want for it? 

Regarding your question about repowering with a Beta.  I have a friend who also sails a MKV and he repowered from the Yanmar to the Beta.  I believe he did most of the work himself.  He is very pleased with the results.
I can put you in touch with him if you like.

Mark
Mark Doucette
St Margaret's Bay
Nova Scotia

Mark Doucette MKV Hull # 067 "Easy Does It"
St Margaret's Bay
Nova Scotia

Board footer