C&C 27 Association Forum

This Forum is supported by C&C 27 owners like you whose membership in the C&C 27 Association makes possible this Forum and the accompanying site. Thank you, members, for your continuing commitment.

You are not logged in.

Announcement

if you need to reset your password, you will have to confirm the request clicking the URL in the email that you will receive (Just in case check the spam folder)
If you have any problem, please do not hesitate to contact me

#1 2013-10-23 13:18:58

chriswheat

manufacture location

Does anyone know if I can find where my 27 was built? Hull# 167, the last MKI I believe. Belleville Marine? Niagra on the Lake plant? A facility in Rhode Island?
Chris
Chriswheat Second Wind

Chesapeake Bay MD

Chriswheat Second Wind
Chesapeake Bay MD

#2 2013-10-25 13:27:45

ALAN FORD

Re: manufacture location

Chris, if you go to "Guide to Marks" then click on "Hull Identification Number" you should find the facts you need. Also helpful is the section on "Evolution", which tells you the
HIN's of all 27's.
Your HIN is located at the top of the starboard side of the transom of your boat.

Alan of SMOKE 1984 Mk V 002

#3 2013-10-26 08:58:42

chriswheat

Thanks very much for responding Alan, you've been quite helpful. I had perused the site several times but somehow missed the section on Hull Identification Numbers, but at least I found the transom! It would appear as though my boat was built at the Niagra-on-the-Lake facility. My hull I.D. is Z07016772, which doesn't quite fit all the criteria mentioned but comes close. I am certain that my hull number is 167 and she was built in 1972. I find it peculiar that on the Evolution page it says that Mark I hulls were numbered 1-215, yet in the table below on the same page it says that hulls 168 - 451 were Mark II. At any rate she is a wonderful vessel and has yet to disappoint me in any way.
Chris
Chriswheat Second Wind

Chesapeake Bay MD

Chriswheat Second Wind
Chesapeake Bay MD

#4 2013-10-26 13:47:34

ALAN FORD

Thanks Chris, the good news is that you love the boat. How clear is the HIN on your transom? If showing its 40 years of life you should open a bottle of (red) wine, burn the cork a bit and rub the blackened end over the HIN. Now clean the surface area around the number with a blackboard eraser and you have that HIN in clear, black letters. Any change to the one you reported?
In addition to your upper shrouds, do you have single lower shrouds,, or two each side? As you will have read, that change is a split between Mk 1 and Mk11.
The 167 or 215 number puzzle is just that.....
Good luck....... now drink the wine.

#5 2013-10-26 15:50:04

chriswheat

I will definitely perform the ceremonial wine cork tracing as soon as I get the chance, although if memory serves I did that when I bought her in '07. Now that my interest is piqued I will pay particular attention to the hull number to make sure I have it right. Yes, single shrouds.
Thanks again.
Chris
Chriswheat Second Wind

Chesapeake Bay MD

Chriswheat Second Wind
Chesapeake Bay MD

Board footer