C&C 27 Association Forum

This Forum is supported by C&C 27 owners like you whose membership in the C&C 27 Association makes possible this Forum and the accompanying site. Thank you, members, for your continuing commitment.

You are not logged in.

Announcement

if you need to reset your password, you will have to confirm the request clicking the URL in the email that you will receive (Just in case check the spam folder)
If you have any problem, please do not hesitate to contact me

#1 2014-03-11 00:23:50

Soft Deck

Hello All,
I have a Mark 3 and have run into a bit of an issue with the deck. It is soft in placed and I know needs to be recored. I have all of the materials and have done a core replacement on two other boats. Here is my problem.. My last two coreing projects were on trailer boats that I could take the mast down without a problem. I don't have alot of space where my boat is stored now and having the yard take my mast down would cost a fair amount of money. The soft area is around my starboard side main stay. Is it advisable to do the deck work with the stays still in place? I know the deck is not necessarly structural in that area but what I don't know is if I can do the work with the rig still up. Thoughts anyone?
Brad N.
S/V Albemarle Queen, Mk III
Barnegat Bay, New Jersey

Brad N.
S/V Albemarle Queen, Mk III
Barnegat Bay, New Jersey

#2 2014-03-11 01:12:26

Tonyj

Re: Soft Deck

Hi Brad:
You could attach your halyards to the toerail, they'd serve as temporary stays while you did your core repair.

Good Luck,
Tony Jeske
MkV #581
FLYING CIRCUS
San Diego

#3 2014-03-11 07:15:36

bosco

Re: Soft Deck

Hey Brad,
If you decide to use your halyards in place of shrouds, I suggest you lead them through blocks at the toe-rail and back to a winch and cleat.  That way, you can control/adjust  the tension.

Clare Jordan.  Aragorn

Clare Jordan,
Stormont Yacht Club,
Long Sault

Board footer