C&C 27 Association Forum

This Forum is supported by C&C 27 owners like you whose membership in the C&C 27 Association makes possible this Forum and the accompanying site. Thank you, members, for your continuing commitment.

You are not logged in.

Announcement

if you need to reset your password, you will have to confirm the request clicking the URL in the email that you will receive (Just in case check the spam folder)
If you have any problem, please do not hesitate to contact me

#1 2014-07-13 11:56:13

whippet

Cockpit seat

I have a Mk III with wheel steering.   Sure would be more comfortable to have a seat while cruising.    Anyone know of aftermarket seat kit that attaches to rear stanchions?   thanks   
Steve
1981 MkIII, Hull 886
Etobicoke YC, Toronto ON

Steve
1981 MkIII, Hull 886
Etobicoke YC, Toronto ON

#2 2014-07-13 22:00:00

syllap

Re: Cockpit seat

Hi,
On mine I simply bought 2 teak steps ( the largest ) which I cut to fit the teak contour in a kind of triangular shape, one on each corner. I think it blends nicely with the teak molding and I have a small Sunbrella cushion that I simply put on when sitting.

http://www.noahsmarine.com/itemMatrix.asp?ic=60502&MatrixType=2

Sylvain Laplante
La Belle Poule C&C27 MkIII

Sylvain Laplante

#3 2014-08-17 03:22:45

Tom

Sylvain, could you please provide additional details or photos of your seat setup.  How did you mount the teak steps? I also have a Mark III and want a cockpit seat  Thnx Tom
Tom Ellis
Aries ‘76 C&C 27
The Blue Mountains, ON

[Our Forum software is older-generation and does not give good feedback when it's digesting a post. Please give it a minute before clicking Submit a second time. Duplicate post is now deleted. - Admin]

Last edited by (2014-08-17 08:33:39)

Tom Ellis
Aries ‘76 C&C 27
The Blue Mountains, ON

#4 2014-08-17 03:23:22

Tom

Sylvain, could you please provide additional details or photos of your seat setup.  How did you mount the teak steps? I also have a Mark III and want a cockpit seat  Thnx Tom
Tom Ellis
Aries ‘76 C&C 27
The Blue Mountains, ON

Last edited by (2014-08-17 08:33:56)

Tom Ellis
Aries ‘76 C&C 27
The Blue Mountains, ON

#5 2014-08-25 01:50:43

syllap

Hi Tom,
    I did not want to drill so I glued the teak with polyurethane glue ( the one you buy at Home Depot and others ).
It is basically a triangle that makes the corners more "body friendly"  :-)
I took pictures last saturday but not sure how I can upload them ( about 5MB each, unless I want to trim to the bare minimum image ).
Maybe the admin can chime in and tell us if it is possible? ( ftp or something like that ).

Sylvain Laplante

Sylvain Laplante

#6 2014-08-26 04:32:26

foroadmin
Administrator

There are instructions on a variety of workarounds to post pics in the Forum. See http://www.cc27association.com/site/view.html - "Using photos in your posts".
- Admin

Board footer