C&C 27 Association Forum

This Forum is supported by C&C 27 owners like you whose membership in the C&C 27 Association makes possible this Forum and the accompanying site. Thank you, members, for your continuing commitment.

You are not logged in.

Announcement

if you need to reset your password, you will have to confirm the request clicking the URL in the email that you will receive (Just in case check the spam folder)
If you have any problem, please do not hesitate to contact me

#1 2015-08-24 07:40:41

Peg leg

hull id numbers Pre 1972

Hi.
I was down at the boat doing stuff on the boat list when I looked at the number routered? into the bow side of the bulkhead 331672. I am guessing she was finished in 1972? The other #s I can only guess at. On the transom the stamped label is faded but legible C&C 27 21 71 N. I take this as Boat Length, Hull Number, Year, Niagara-on-the -lake. I know HIN's have been covered , but she was built before late 1972.
Any Idea's?
thanks.
Lawrence Thomas
Dundas, Ont.
Sundance III, C&C 27 Mark 1
Burlington Sailing and Boating Club

Lawrence Thomas
Dundas, Ont.
Sundance III, C&C 27 Mark 1
Burlington Sailing and Boating Club

#2 2015-08-24 21:47:19

bosco

Re: hull id numbers Pre 1972

Hi Lawrence,
   The numbers chiselled ( or routered ) into the bulkhead tell me that your boat is very likely registered, ( rather than licenced ). She would have been registered under a " copyrighted " name with her original point of registration recorded along with her name.
Some digging on your part will reveal the mystery to you.
Clare Jordan ---Aragorn ( registered in Kingston,Ontario )

Clare Jordan,
Stormont Yacht Club,
Long Sault

#3 2015-08-25 04:27:29

foroadmin
Administrator

Re: hull id numbers Pre 1972

The routered number is Sundance III's Official Number or ON (see
http://wwwapps.tc.gc.ca/Saf-Sec-Sur/4/vrqs-srib/eng/vessel-registrations/search-results?DataSource=AllRegisteredVessels&ExcludeClosedVessels=False&ExcludeSuspendedVessels=False&VesselName=sundance%20iii
and she's registered to one Lawrence Thomas. The other number you note is the builder's pre-HIN number.

The name is not really copyright, but registered vessel names must sound unique so there is no confusion when they are spoken over the radio (or so I was told when I registered my boat's name). FYI for US readers, registering a vessel is essentially the same as documenting in the US.

One more thing - registering is forever, but the papers are time-limited. They will be automatically replaced gratis every few years (4?), but only if Transport Canada has your current address.
- Admin

Last edited by (2015-08-25 05:53:06)

Board footer