C&C 27 Association Forum

This Forum is supported by C&C 27 owners like you whose membership in the C&C 27 Association makes possible this Forum and the accompanying site. Thank you, members, for your continuing commitment.

You are not logged in.

Announcement

if you need to reset your password, you will have to confirm the request clicking the URL in the email that you will receive (Just in case check the spam folder)
If you have any problem, please do not hesitate to contact me

#1 2016-06-27 06:01:58

stargazer

MKV Wheel Steering ruddrer drive cable replacement

To anyone with of knowledge replacing the rudder drive

MKV's with wheel steering have the rudder driven by a drive telescoping cable and rod   which  I am in need of replacing due to some free play

Looking for anyone that has experience or knowledge of how to execute the replacement

please chime in if you can assist in the procedure

cheers!
Lawrence Katz
'86 MkV #132
                                                                    Stargazer II
Fifty Point Marina

Last edited by (2016-06-30 05:01:25)

Lawrence Katz
'86 MkV #132
                                                                    Stargazer II
Fifty Point Marina

#2 2016-06-27 09:21:28

Steve Reid

Re: MKV Wheel Steering ruddrer drive cable replacement

With my tongue firmly implanted in my cheek I'd replace it with a tiller.
Now on a serious note I'd suggest you contact Rom at South Shore Yachts, he probably has the cable and can tell you how to change it.

Steve Reid

#3 2016-06-30 03:58:55

stargazer

I find it humorous  every time someone suggests to remove the wheel and replace with a tiller, lmao  lol

cars were once steered with with a stick, airplanes with a stick and so on, times change and so does technology

a wheel isn't a disadvantage its a mechanical advantage , it may take up cockpit space but this is easily overcome by becoming a competent sailor 

stop living in the dark ages and get with the program ppl
Lawrence Katz
'86 MkV #132
                                                                    Stargazer II
Fifty Point Marina

Last edited by (2016-06-30 04:50:53)

Lawrence Katz
'86 MkV #132
                                                                    Stargazer II
Fifty Point Marina

#4 2016-06-30 04:10:10

foroadmin
Administrator

Enough! You've both expressed your opinion, but this is not going to descend into a YouTube-style "you're a ..." "no, you're a ..." match. Remember, I can suspend an account with two clicks, but once that's done, it's work to enter a new account and I'm busy sailing. So back off.
- Admin

#5 2022-02-23 15:52:11

YaBuoyReese

Lawrence,
were you able to get your rudder and wheel working within the last 6 years?!?!?!  I have some questions for you if so.  I would appreciate your input.  thanks

Board footer