C&C 27 Association Forum

This Forum is supported by C&C 27 owners like you whose membership in the C&C 27 Association makes possible this Forum and the accompanying site. Thank you, members, for your continuing commitment.

You are not logged in.

Announcement

if you need to reset your password, you will have to confirm the request clicking the URL in the email that you will receive (Just in case check the spam folder)
If you have any problem, please do not hesitate to contact me

#1 2017-04-28 10:52:31

PLogan

Atomic 4 fuel manual primer

My first spring on my C&C 27 coming up - Do I need to prime the fuel flow into the carb for the first start - there seems to be a Hand primer on the engine for the fuel so just wondering how to use this for the first start of the season.  I know the manual suggests to "Fill fuel pump bowl using the hand primer on the fuel pump" but when do I know its primed, how many pumps, etc...

ThanksPeter Logan
C&C 27 MK III 1975 Tomorrow
LaSalle Park Marina Association
Hamilton ON

Peter Logan
C&C 27 MK III 1975 Tomorrow
LaSalle Park Marina Association
Hamilton ON

#2 2017-04-30 00:38:24

syllap

Re: Atomic 4 fuel manual primer

Hi,
    You will feel it easily ( after maybe 4-5 strokes , it kinds of stop moving. I do it only when I empty the bowl to remove sediments and look for water ( no more water after I've installed a Racor as the first inline filter.
If you remove the bowl make sure the cork/rubber bowl gasket is tight otherwise an air leak can prevent it from starting..
Sylvain Laplante
La Belle Poule C&C27 MkIII

Sylvain Laplante
La Belle Poule C&C27 MkIII

Board footer