C&C 27 Association Forum

This Forum is supported by C&C 27 owners like you whose membership in the C&C 27 Association makes possible this Forum and the accompanying site. Thank you, members, for your continuing commitment.

You are not logged in.

Announcement

if you need to reset your password, you will have to confirm the request clicking the URL in the email that you will receive (Just in case check the spam folder)
If you have any problem, please do not hesitate to contact me

#1 2007-08-14 12:48:35

broke the throttle lever shaft

so yea... it started out as my attempt to fix the shift lever sticking at the panel (i could move the cable by hand when detached, the lever itself was very hard to move and lubes didnt work)

i still have no idea how to take this shift lever off to clean/lube it so it works smoothly, but i started by taking the throttle lever off (the wrong way) since it seemed to be the only bolt i saw. 

after i took the bolt off that holds the throttle cable to the shaft i saw another hex shaped bolt which appeared to be holding the big washer looking thing in place.  i tried to take that off using a little elbow grease and it sheared at the connection to the throttle lever.  its a 4" hex shaped shaft that goes from the lever itself on the outside to the inside cable connection.

any idea where i can buy a new one??? its for a C&C 27 mk2. 

also, how the hell DO i get that shifter off??????

well at least i only broke one thing today, usually its try to fix one break two.

#2 2018-07-02 04:10:38

PLogan

Re: broke the throttle lever shaft

Hey there, just broke my throttle shaft on the control as well, just as I was putting the transmission to reverse drive - the throttle handle just fell off - sheared at the same point you suggested..

Just wondering if you were able to source a replacement - I'm checking Moyer but haven't seen anything on the website yet. 
Peter Logan
C&C 27 MK III 1975 Tomorrow
LaSalle Park Marina Association
Hamilton ON

Peter Logan
C&C 27 MK III 1975 Tomorrow
LaSalle Park Marina Association
Hamilton ON

#3 2018-07-05 00:55:56

foroadmin
Administrator

Re: broke the throttle lever shaft

You're replying to a message that's ten years old and whose author is no longer on the Forum (a non-bold name indicates a deleted account ). Have you tried eBay for "Morse marine control" or something like that? There's a lot of marine hardware in flea markets and eBay is the most accessible.
- Admin

Last edited by (2018-07-06 02:14:16)

Board footer