C&C 27 Association Forum

This Forum is supported by C&C 27 owners like you whose membership in the C&C 27 Association makes possible this Forum and the accompanying site. Thank you, members, for your continuing commitment.

You are not logged in.

Announcement

if you need to reset your password, you will have to confirm the request clicking the URL in the email that you will receive (Just in case check the spam folder)
If you have any problem, please do not hesitate to contact me

#1 2021-05-06 16:20:20

Lark

Portlight/ window gaskets for CC 27 Mark 3

great to see the site up and running again, many thanks to those responsible

planning to replace window gaskets on CC27 and need the circumference of outside measurement

any other insights or recommendations related to this mini-project is more than welcome

kind regards

Brad Davies
Vancouver BC

"Lark"

Brad and Nancy Davies
C&C 27 Mk III Lark
Vancouver Rowing Club
Vancouver BC

#2 2021-05-31 09:41:07

dmartis

Re: Portlight/ window gaskets for CC 27 Mark 3

Hi Brad

I replaced my window gaskets several years ago.  I don't think there is a good way of knowing the exact circumference, aside from maybe holding a string up around the existing window.  That said, replacement gasket is often sold as a "kit" of set footage, which should give you plenty to do the replacement. 

One thing I regret doing though, is compressing, or "crowding" the gasket when installing, to allow for shrinkage.  Each of the new gaskets has shrunk at least 1/4" per window. Also wishing I remembered to leave the gasket seam at the top of the window, and not the bottom!

Dan Martis
Dream Catcher
Oakville, Ontario
Mark 3, Hull #636

#3 2021-06-04 01:43:26

BatGuano

I didn't bother with a gasket per se... I came across a great deal on butyl tape once, and used that when I re-did my saloon windows. Worked like a charm.

Alan Richards
Runaway, Mk III hull 804
Somewhere, NL

#4 2022-01-08 21:36:59

disailor

I replaced mine with almost perfect replicates from the storm window & screen repair shop at a local hardware store. super glue the seam.

Board footer