C&C 27 Association Forum

This Forum is supported by C&C 27 owners like you whose membership in the C&C 27 Association makes possible this Forum and the accompanying site. Thank you, members, for your continuing commitment.

You are not logged in.

Announcement

if you need to reset your password, you will have to confirm the request clicking the URL in the email that you will receive (Just in case check the spam folder)
If you have any problem, please do not hesitate to contact me

#1 2022-04-11 21:34:27

brianb

mkiii rudder removal any specifics or surprises ?

planning on removing my rudder asap for rebuild mkiii with wheel steering
plan is loosen steering cables, separate or loosen quadrant, unbolt cockpit emerg tiller brkt drop rudder!
let me know if you think or know of something I've missed. keyways locking pins etc.
thanks

1978 c&c 27 mkiii h#726
port stanley Ontario

#2 2022-04-12 22:06:17

brianb

Re: mkiii rudder removal any specifics or surprises ?

removal  was straight forward other than upper bushing had separated from the cockpit floor brkt and was seized to the rudder stock and had to be cut and pried to release the rudder.
if anyone else has to do this i would recommend removing the upper bushing plate first, would have made it all easier !

1978 c&c 27 mkiii h#726
port stanley Ontario

#3 2022-06-08 13:04:09

capricous

What is an emergency tiller bracket. Would be grateful,for a pic
Thanks
Dana

Capricious Mark 3 Hull #599

#4 2022-06-08 14:37:36

brianb

i will take a picture the next time im on the boat. at the top of the rudder stock there is a brkt that bolts on and it looks like a short  hooked split snake tongue that you can hook a t shaped rod onto facing the stern to witch you can move the rudder if you loose a cable or sheve etc in the wheel system.

1978 c&c 27 mkiii h#726
port stanley Ontario

Board footer