C&C 27 Association Forum

This Forum is supported by C&C 27 owners like you whose membership in the C&C 27 Association makes possible this Forum and the accompanying site. Thank you, members, for your continuing commitment.

You are not logged in.

Announcement

if you need to reset your password, you will have to confirm the request clicking the URL in the email that you will receive (Just in case check the spam folder)
If you have any problem, please do not hesitate to contact me

#1 2022-05-18 00:02:36

StevenMac

Aluminum window frame question

Hi again. I have mildew stains on the caulk on all four ports/windows. No luck with cleaners, bleach, etc. So today I removed the interior aluminum frame from one cabin window. This was surprisingly difficult: I warped the aluminum shape considerably, and had to drill out a couple of pop rivets. All I want to do is remove the old caulk, so this seems pretty extreme. Anyone have insight as to how I could solve this problem in a less destructive way? Would I be better off detaching the frame from the exterior? Thanks.

1976 C&C 27 Mark III, A4

#2 2022-06-09 13:21:40

Superior Blue

Re: Aluminum window frame question

Did you review the Black Arts post about replacing the windows?  My recollection is that I only removed the interior aluminum frame, and that no rivets were involved.

Phil Peterson
Superior Blue
1973 C&C 27 Mk II
Bayfield, WI

#3 2022-06-15 12:52:05

StevenMac

I did review the black arts post, but what I understood from it is that the plexiglass is removed from the exterior while the aluminum frame stays in place. Is that right?

1976 C&C 27 Mark III, A4

#4 2022-06-17 05:38:35

Superior Blue

It has been a few years since we replaced the windows, but looking at some photos, the interior aluminum frames are held in place with nuts.  When the nuts are removed, the interior aluminum frame can also be removed. Then the plexiglass is removed from the inside.

Good luck!

Phil Peterson
Superior Blue
1973 C&C 27 Mk II
Bayfield, WI

#5 2022-07-05 20:17:05

BenoitR

I know it's not aluminum but if you cruise around, this is an 'airy' optionmini_WW-windows.jpg

Wacky Waves - Mk2
LCM, Bath

Board footer