C&C 27 Association Forum

This Forum is supported by C&C 27 owners like you whose membership in the C&C 27 Association makes possible this Forum and the accompanying site. Thank you, members, for your continuing commitment.

You are not logged in.

Announcement

if you need to reset your password, you will have to confirm the request clicking the URL in the email that you will receive (Just in case check the spam folder)
If you have any problem, please do not hesitate to contact me

#1 2022-08-17 22:55:16

jmlyness

Replacement Mast

Hoping someone out there can lend some advice about how to replace the mast on my 1984 C&C 27' Mk V.  I am currently searching for a replacement mast near the North Shore/ Boston area if anyone has a lead.
Will I need to find an exact duplicate or C&C mast to ensure safety and performance? Are there any other masts from other manufacturers that would work for a C&C or will I need to also replace the mast foot, spreaders, and boom if I use a  different mast? Can a larger mast be cut to size?  I assume when I do find a suitable replacement it will be necessary to replace the standing rigging. So many questions any advice would be appreciated.

John Lyness
1984 C&C 27 Mark V My Fair Ladies
Salem Willows Yacht Club
Salem MA

Board footer