C&C 27 Association Forum

This Forum is supported by C&C 27 owners like you whose membership in the C&C 27 Association makes possible this Forum and the accompanying site. Thank you, members, for your continuing commitment.

You are not logged in.

Announcement

if you need to reset your password, you will have to confirm the request clicking the URL in the email that you will receive (Just in case check the spam folder)
If you have any problem, please do not hesitate to contact me

#1 2023-01-30 10:45:25

pablorusjan

boomkicker for MkV

Hello,

I am aiming to buy a boomkicker for my MkV from this company:
https://www.boomkicker.com/bk_specs.html

I believe that the K1000 is the right one for the MkV. However if someone already bought it, it would be great to have a confirmation.
Kind regards
Pablo

S/V Mystic
MkV #138

#2 2023-02-09 15:05:12

jaghtschip

Re: boomkicker for MkV

Pablo,

I installed a K1000 boomkicker a couple years ago. Love it. All Mk V's that i've seen opted for the K1000 over the K0800.

On a related note - You can mount the kicker to the mast a few different ways. They ship with a mast fitting that slides into the internal track of the mast. The standard slug that shipped with the kicker was a cylindrical/barrel type fitting (at least from Defender). This did not work at all. The luff track on my mast was too wide.

I suspect you'll need to specify/order a different mast slide. As best I can recall, I used the 3/4" plate (Part No: M1038) but the 7/8" may be better (M1033). You can measure your mainsail slides to confirm. Alternatively, i'm sure you could make one with some SS bar and a tap. https://www.seoladair.com/parts_K1000.html

I needed to un-step the mast to install the mast slide. On some boats, you can fish the slide from above the gooseneck but I could not get the slide past the gooseneck on my boat. I needed to insert the slide from the base of the mast.

cheers,
matt

EDUAM
MkV 564
RYC, NJ

#3 2023-02-09 18:30:50

pablorusjan

Re: boomkicker for MkV

Thank you!
I just received the K1000 a few minutes ago (it was on sale and I rushed to buy it). It is excellent to know it is the right model.
Thank you for the installation advice. Currently the mast is un-stepped, so I will start to study the situation before the sailing season starts.
Cheers
Pablo

S/V Mystic
MkV #138

Board footer