C&C 27 Association Forum

This Forum is supported by C&C 27 owners like you whose membership in the C&C 27 Association makes possible this Forum and the accompanying site. Thank you, members, for your continuing commitment.

You are not logged in.

Announcement

if you need to reset your password, you will have to confirm the request clicking the URL in the email that you will receive (Just in case check the spam folder)
If you have any problem, please do not hesitate to contact me

#1 2023-06-14 14:55:45

jaglover

Help please! Need prop shaft diameter for Diesel C&C27 Mark V

Hi all,

I need to order a replacement prop and can't get to the boat to measure the shaft diameter. 
I am hoping someone with the same vessel knows the particulars of the prop shaft size and can tell me. Maybe you have an old prop to measure or have already replaced yours and know the dimensions?

My vessel particulars:

C&C 27 Mark V 1985 with Yanmar 1GM10 diesel engine and KM cone-drive style transmission and with OEM output propellor shaft. 

Pretty sure the prop needed must be 12" diameter OD or less and RH rotation (confirmation helpful if you can) but I am not sure on the shaft size - tapered with keyway. 

If anyone has this info or knows where to find it online - please advise. I would be greatful as it would allow me to buy prop in advance of pulling the vessel.

Thanks
Cheers
jaglover

#2 2023-06-15 20:40:54

pablorusjan

Re: Help please! Need prop shaft diameter for Diesel C&C27 Mark V

Hello,
The diameter of the shaft of my 1986 MkV is 7/8"
However, it would be nice to have a confirmation that all the MkV comes with the same shaft. There is an old post in this site
https://www.cc27association.com/f4/view … hp?id=6443  that said that eventually some MkV could have 1" shaft.
Regards
Pablo

S/V Mystic
MkV #138

#3 2023-07-17 04:52:32

jaglover

Hi Pablo,

Thanks for the info and the link.  Very helpful and appreciated.  Sorry for the delay in getting back - had some medical issues recently.
Hopefully when I get access and measure it, it will be a 7/8" inch shaft - as I bit-the-bullet and bought a used one on eBay so I would have one ready to go - hopefully.  A new one was going to take 6 weeks min. from the supplier once I know what I am ordering.

Cheers
jaglover

#4 2023-09-26 15:28:42

Glenn_J

Hello
I'm new to the forum and just noticed your post. I recently removed a Gori 14" x 9 1/2 RH folding prop from my 1986 Mk V. It fits a 1" shaft with 1/4" key but it had a 1/16" bushing to make it fit the 7/8" shaft on my boat. Works perfectly but I changed to a fixed prop for a more positive reverse. It is available if you are still looking.

OASIS
C/C Mk V

Board footer