C&C 27 Association Forum

This Forum is supported by C&C 27 owners like you whose membership in the C&C 27 Association makes possible this Forum and the accompanying site. Thank you, members, for your continuing commitment.

You are not logged in.

Announcement

if you need to reset your password, you will have to confirm the request clicking the URL in the email that you will receive (Just in case check the spam folder)
If you have any problem, please do not hesitate to contact me

#1 2005-03-03 00:08:07

KenPole

Raymarine SeaTalk cables

I'm in the throes of relocating ST60 speed, depth and wind displays to a pedestal guard-mounted box from the bulkhead. In the throes of fabricating an ABS housing, I've concluded that the cables used to "daisy chain" the instruments simply take up too much space when coiled within the housing (the shortest available from Raymarine is one metre!). Since the instrument connectors are only four nches apart, I'm contemplating shortening the cables to six inches. I know I could fabricate a move voluminous housing but that's not my preferred option. So far, Raymarine has been unresponsive to questions through its customer support site, so I'm wondering whether anyone out there has shortened the cables.
Incidentally, when I queried my supplier about replacing two of the 1/8" gaskets for the ST60s (about a five-inch square with a 3.5" hole), I was quoted $88! We're all pretty much inured to gouging but even my chandler, who double-checked the price, was aghast at that one. A local gasket specialty company sold me enough closed-cell foam material to make four of them for $5.
Ken Pole
Santiva
Ottawa

Ken Pole, Ottawa
1975 Mark III Santiva

#2 2005-03-04 04:16:10

davidww1

Re: Raymarine SeaTalk cables

My ST40 instruments included a very short SeaTalk cable suitable for joining two units side by side. This may not be the definitive answer you're looking for but it's a straw in the wind, something to hang your hat on, you pick your metaphor.

If you're not getting any joy from the customer support site, call the Canadian distributor's tech guys. They have been quite responsive any time I've spoken to them.

David Weatherston
Towser, Toronto
C&C 27 Mk IV

David Weatherston
Towser, Toronto
C&C 27 Mk IV

#3 2005-03-04 08:16:33

KenPole

Re: Raymarine SeaTalk cables

Thanks David. Coincidentally, a week or more after I asked, Raymarine finally came through today with a reply to the effect that SeaTalk cables can be shortened to any length. I take back my evil thoughts. Cheers.
Ken Pole
Santiva
Ottawa

Ken Pole, Ottawa
1975 Mark III Santiva

Board footer