C&C 27 Association Forum

This Forum is supported by C&C 27 owners like you whose membership in the C&C 27 Association makes possible this Forum and the accompanying site. Thank you, members, for your continuing commitment.

You are not logged in.

Announcement

if you need to reset your password, you will have to confirm the request clicking the URL in the email that you will receive (Just in case check the spam folder)
If you have any problem, please do not hesitate to contact me

#1 2006-01-17 20:01:35

c&c27dyc

Bilge pump placement

Hi, looking for ideas on where other Mk III owners have moved their manual bilge pumps.  The current position on the cockpit deck is poorly designed.  I've removed it, along with the rotten balsa core and will now attempt to fill the hole.  Thanks.
Dean M Baldwin
Morgan "D"
Mark III - Hull 516
Halifax, N.S.

Last edited by (2006-01-17 23:42:07)

Dean M Baldwin
Morgan "D"
Mark III - Hull 516
North Sydney, N.S.

#2 2006-01-17 23:47:12

davidww1

Re: Bilge pump placement

On later boats, C&C put the pump high on the starboard side of the cockpit footwell, immediately opposite the engine instrument panel. They reinforced the area with plywood to do it. Having the pump in this location restricts access to the stern somewhat, but it's not serious. Moreover, if you had to pump seriously for a prolonged time, the position is manageable.

David Weatherston
Towser, Toronto
C&C 27 Mk IV

David Weatherston
Towser, Toronto
C&C 27 Mk IV

#3 2006-01-18 05:53:38

c&c27dyc

Re: Bilge pump placement

Perfect!  I was thinking about in and or around that area.  I guess it's confirmed now.  Thanks, David.
Dean M Baldwin
Morgan "D"
Mark III - Hull 516
Halifax, N.S.

Dean M Baldwin
Morgan "D"
Mark III - Hull 516
North Sydney, N.S.

Board footer