C&C 27 Association Forum

This Forum is supported by C&C 27 owners like you whose membership in the C&C 27 Association makes possible this Forum and the accompanying site. Thank you, members, for your continuing commitment.

You are not logged in.

Announcement

if you need to reset your password, you will have to confirm the request clicking the URL in the email that you will receive (Just in case check the spam folder)
If you have any problem, please do not hesitate to contact me

#1 2006-01-23 11:24:07

wig nj

stolen keel

i have a 27' c&c 700/27611/0276 i have been working on for some time now and someone stole the keel and scraped it for about $150.00 bucks. if anybody has any ideas im all ears

[The message is not rendered more readable or more compelling by huge bold-face type. Type styling has been deleted. - Admin]

Last edited by (2006-01-23 23:51:54)

#2 2006-01-24 00:00:19

Re: stolen keel

I have to admit that having your keel taken from you sounds really strange.... not to mention that who ever did it had to work hard to move that kind of weight....
I think that I would try and find some contacts in Florida or Louisiana where the recent hurricanes have left boats in complete ruin.  You might get lucky and find one cheap, but you will have transportation costs.
Best of luck!
"IRIS"
1975 C&C 27 MKlll
Hull #453
Kittery Point, Maine

#3 2006-01-24 04:32:50

I have a C&C 27 Mk I Hull # 57 that was totaled in Katrina. The keel and likely keel bolts were bent up to 45 degrees and the trailing edge is damaged. The boat is in New Orleans waiting for the govt. to scrap. Keel is yours for the taking. can e-mail photos <A href="mailto:elevert@grayinsco.com">elevert@grayinsco.com</A>

#4 2006-01-24 11:14:34

davidww1

Excuse my curiosity, but while I've heard of stolen electrical wires (copper's worth a mint) and stolen utility poles (aluminum, some town in the US midwest), a stolen keel is unique in my experience. Did they just chainsaw it off or what?

David Weatherston
Towser, Toronto
C&C 27 Mk IV

David Weatherston
Towser, Toronto
C&C 27 Mk IV

#5 2006-01-24 14:17:55

wig nj

hi dave i did all hard work myself.  to get the boat into my garage. all they had to do is steal it from where i work as a commercial fisherman

#6 2006-01-26 07:49:43

KenPole

I agree with David's observation about the possible uniqueness of having your keel pinched. You might want to consider offering a short item to Boatworks magazine. If they use it, their writing fee would help to offset at least some of the cost of a replacement. Good luck
Ken Pole
1975 Mark III Santiva
Ottawa

Ken Pole, Ottawa
1975 Mark III Santiva

#7 2006-01-28 05:35:31

wig nj

hi ken im located in westcreek nj. icould tell you the whole story and send you pictures if you want . still trying to track down keel but with every day that passes i think its turned into sinkers and wheel weights still waiting to here what the police came up with

mike lohr

Board footer