C&C 27 Association Forum

This Forum is supported by C&C 27 owners like you whose membership in the C&C 27 Association makes possible this Forum and the accompanying site. Thank you, members, for your continuing commitment.

You are not logged in.

Announcement

if you need to reset your password, you will have to confirm the request clicking the URL in the email that you will receive (Just in case check the spam folder)
If you have any problem, please do not hesitate to contact me

#1 2007-07-03 05:10:43

tboicey

Mast raising kit, w/photos

I was finally able to get the stick up on my 1972 MkI without having an available crane.

The following are some images of the kit and it's use. It's fairly straightforward and I can supply more details if needed.

http://www.brit.ca/~tboicey/sailboats/mastraising.jsp

#2 2007-07-03 12:43:13

Re: Mast raising kit, w/photos

Good work ,you,ve been busy. John (former owner)

#3 2007-07-04 00:04:42

davidww1

Nice page - good ideas neatly presented.

Enjoyed your British car humour pages, too. My parents had a succession of the evil little buggers, so one of my jobs when young was to drive, or nurse, a car to the shop about twice a month. Particularly remember a car that wouldn't start because its air cleaner was full of decaying sound insulation, a material suspiciously like horsehair.

David Weatherston
Towser, Toronto
C&C 27 Mk IV

Last edited by (2007-07-04 00:05:44)

David Weatherston
Towser, Toronto
C&C 27 Mk IV

#4 2007-07-04 03:18:34

pura vida

Thanks, I too enjoyed the British car pages. It makes me miss my MGB.
Mike M
SV Wind Horse
Galveston, Tx

Mike M
SV Wind Horse
Galveston, Tx

#5 2007-07-09 22:35:43

Hi.  Great description and photos.  Did your boat have the hinged mast step, or did you have to add it?  If so, where did you get it?  Thanks  Barry  Mk V  (no hinged step)

#6 2007-07-10 01:45:24

tboicey

I had to add the mast step, but it was relatively easy to acquire.

Klacko Spars did all the fabrication from those drawings of the Tanzer kit. I made a few important modifications with an angle grinder after it arrived (the angle on the hinge pieces was wrong in the drawings, or at least ambiguous)

I sent them my mast step and they sent it back with the hinge installed, not sure if they made it on the spot or it was a stock item for that spar cross section.

The one modification still to do is to add a brake winch for lowering the mast. It could obviously be done the "standard" way with the boat winch, but I'd prefer to have more control during descent and to be able to do it with less hands. I am actually strongly considering a power winch, but the current unknown is where it could be attached securely on the boat and be out of the way or removable.

Board footer