C&C 27 Association Forum

This Forum is supported by C&C 27 owners like you whose membership in the C&C 27 Association makes possible this Forum and the accompanying site. Thank you, members, for your continuing commitment.

You are not logged in.

Announcement

if you need to reset your password, you will have to confirm the request clicking the URL in the email that you will receive (Just in case check the spam folder)
If you have any problem, please do not hesitate to contact me

#1 2008-05-03 04:25:18

pura vida

Windhorse for sale

Sadly I've decided to put Windhorse up for sale. She is a 1974 MKII, cosmetically rough, but structurally generally sound. Yanmar 2GM that is very reliable. Two spinnakers, 150, 110, main, drifter staysail. Sails well, is stout as a tugboat (but this crowd would know that.) Will outrun anything on the bay under 30 feet that doesn't have a big motor.

I've returned to school and the boat is sitting unused in her slip. She needs someone to spend time with her. Due to her rough look she will go cheap. Located on Clear Lake, Texas.

If interested contact me at 's v  pura vida at yahoo'  etc. etc.  remove spaces, fix at... you know the drill.

To the member of the association. Thanks to all of you for all of the great advice and comraderie. There is not a better online users group and my only regret is never getting to meet any of you in person.
Mike M
SV Wind Horse
Galveston, Tx

Mike M
SV Wind Horse
Galveston, Tx

#2 2008-05-03 06:11:08

davidww1

Re: Windhorse for sale

Sorry to lose you, but school doesn't go on forever (an acquaintance managed to defer his thesis for almost 30 years but that's kind of unusual). Swing by when school's out and you're ready to join this particular madding crowd again.

Not 'good-bye' but 'au revoir'.

David Weatherston
Towser, Toronto
C&C 27 Mk IV

David Weatherston
Towser, Toronto
C&C 27 Mk IV

#3 2008-07-10 21:07:52

Pegasus2

Mike,

Sorry to hear you're parting with your boat.  I bought a traveller car, control ends, and a spin fairlead from you at Xmas.  All of which I've installed and thoroughly love and enjoy.  Having written a Ph.D. some of ones best thoughts and most insightful ideas can come during, and immediately, after a good sail.   

Best of luck with your studies.

If you have a good main that you'd like to sell, please let me know.

Pegasus2

hull #357

Pegasus2
hull #357

#4 2008-08-02 11:40:00

pura vida

Thanks Pegasus, Glad to hear that the parts worked out. How did the fairlead fit?

I'm taking the fall off and Windhorse is still mine. Now is not the time to be selling a boat. So it looks like I'll be around. Expect me to re-up my membership soon. Thanks to every body who contacted me about the boat.
Mike M
SV Wind Horse
Galveston, Tx

Mike M
SV Wind Horse
Galveston, Tx

#5 2009-03-23 10:13:11

Pegasus2

Windhorse,

The car and control ends worked really well as did the fairlead.  Can't say we're winning races but they certainly helped.  I wish you all the best with your studies.

Thanks very much.

Pegasus #358
Ottawa, ON

Pegasus2

hull #357

Pegasus2
hull #357

#6 2009-03-24 08:19:02

pura vida

Pegasus,

Glad to hear they are working out. That is one of the best things about the forum is all the parts.
Mike M
SV Wind Horse
Galveston, Tx

Mike M
SV Wind Horse
Galveston, Tx

Board footer