C&C 27 Association Forum

This Forum is supported by C&C 27 owners like you whose membership in the C&C 27 Association makes possible this Forum and the accompanying site. Thank you, members, for your continuing commitment.

You are not logged in.

Announcement

if you need to reset your password, you will have to confirm the request clicking the URL in the email that you will receive (Just in case check the spam folder)
If you have any problem, please do not hesitate to contact me

#1 2008-08-02 09:51:14

capricous

gas gauge

Replaced the gas gauge and sending unit per instructions from this forum,but the gauge reads full? I have a good lead to the sender and have the gauge wired correctly,(its in line with the temp and oil pressure ) I also know that the tank is allmost empty

Thanks in advance

Dana in  Marblehead Ma
Capricous Hull #599

Capricious Mark 3 Hull #599

#2 2008-08-02 11:56:33

pura vida

Re: gas gauge

I'm guessing it is a Teleflex. If so this is the Teleflex troubleshooting bit. (If not it may still help.) If the gauge is shorted it will read full. I pulled this from Teleflexmarine dot com a long time ago. The full documentation should still be there. Let me know if it isn't and i'll email you my PDF.
<p align="left">The sender can be tested by checking its resistance with a volt/ohm test meter (use analog meter).Remove sender (usually pink) wire from sender .Connect two test meter wires to two sender terminals (or center terminal & flange if sender has only one terminal).Move float arm by hand. Approximate values: Empty = 240 ohms, 1/2 = 103 ohms, Full = 33 ohms. (Not all Fuel Senders have the same resistance range. Marine units, either boat-builder installed or purchased at marine stores, are 240-33 ohms. Non-marine units may be 0-90 ohms, 73-10 ohms or some othervalue.) Teleflex marine sender - rheostat housing installed upside down will cause gauge to read backwards.
<p align="left">David, let me know if posting this was against policy due to copywright concerns.
<p align="left">

Mike M
SV Wind Horse
Galveston, Tx

Mike M
SV Wind Horse
Galveston, Tx

#3 2008-08-02 22:46:16

capricous

Thanks Mike

I'll give that a whirl and let you know how I make out!

Capricous Hull #599

[The Forum can be a little slow to respond sometimes. Click 'Submit' [b]once[/b] and wait. If the button has responded to your click, the submission will happen. Please, be patient; deleting duplicate posts is time-consuming. - Admin]

Last edited by (2008-08-03 09:41:44)

Capricious Mark 3 Hull #599

#4 2008-08-03 09:31:30

davidww1

Copyright does not apply to information, just to the specific form of information. Teleflex could legitimately bitch if we posted their pdf, but not if we re-write the information in their pdf as you have done (we did something similar for the article on head odours as the article itself wasn't available). In short, your post is okay.

Perhaps the simplest information sharing method is to post the link. Failing that, it's usually possible to Google technical papers if you give the title and manufacturer's ref. number.

David Weatherston
Towser, Toronto
C&C 27 Mk IV

David Weatherston
Towser, Toronto
C&C 27 Mk IV

Board footer