C&C 27 Association Forum

This Forum is supported by C&C 27 owners like you whose membership in the C&C 27 Association makes possible this Forum and the accompanying site. Thank you, members, for your continuing commitment.

You are not logged in.

Announcement

if you need to reset your password, you will have to confirm the request clicking the URL in the email that you will receive (Just in case check the spam folder)
If you have any problem, please do not hesitate to contact me

#1 2009-03-27 05:40:38

capricous

Through hull

In replaceing the sink seacock, I ruined the through hull (3/4 pipe 2 3/4 flush flange

I'm hearing that,Ive never seen one with such a wide flange,can't help you. My reply was that I know some people that might

Thanks      Dana

Capricous Hull #599

Capricious Mark 3 Hull #599

#2 2009-03-27 19:12:54

windyday

Re: Through hull

I never was able to find a replacement flush flange throughull of the right dimensions. Those old ones were beautiful and nicely installed: wish I could have got them out intact too. I ended up having to grind out and rebuild the hull flush, and then mount a standard protruding flange throughull.

---------------------

1974 Mark II C&C 27

#3 2009-03-27 22:23:50

capricous

Thanks Windy day

I was afraid of that.That expains why the newer seacocks have the big ugly doughnuts on the hull

Capricous Hull #599

Capricious Mark 3 Hull #599

#4 2009-03-29 03:49:19

carriden

Look into the Marelon seacocks and through-hulls made by Forespar.  I replaced all of the seacocks on Carriden and the new ones are all flush-fitting.  The shape and size of the outside flange is different from the original bronze through-hulls, but you can still achieve a perfect flush bottom.  As a bonus, the Marelon seacocks do not suffer from electrolysis and they have proper ball valves, which are visibly open or closed and shut with a quarter-turn.  Do not confuse Marelon with cheaper nylon or other plastic fittings, they are much stronger.
Marcus from Carriden

Mk III, Hull #847
Oakville, Ontario

Marcus Opitz,
Formerly from Carriden, Mk III, Hull #847,
now skippering "Everdina," a 1975 Ontario 32

Board footer