C&C 27 Association Forum

This Forum is supported by C&C 27 owners like you whose membership in the C&C 27 Association makes possible this Forum and the accompanying site. Thank you, members, for your continuing commitment.

You are not logged in.

Announcement

if you need to reset your password, you will have to confirm the request clicking the URL in the email that you will receive (Just in case check the spam folder)
If you have any problem, please do not hesitate to contact me

#1 2009-04-28 14:40:25

Brent

Engine alignment

We're getting closer......

Anyone have an alignment procedure for those who are brave enough to uncouple the shaft flange from the transmission?

Thnaks
Brent Driedger

S/V Wild Rover

C&C 27 MkV #15

Brent Driedger
S/V Wild Rover
C&C 27 MkV #15
;

#2 2009-04-30 10:11:42

davidww1

Re: Engine alignment

Most books on marine engines include information on alignment. It's not hard, in the sense that it doesn't involve any skull-busting concepts, but it's fiddly and exacting, while putting you through contortions that only a Cirque du Soleil performer can reasonably manage. I've done it on three different boat and I would happily strangle the designers of two of them - slowly, with an oil-filter wrench. Here's a concise description of the process (an excerpt from "Marine Diesel Engines" by Nigel Calder, a very good writer). Google for "engine alignment boat marine" and you'll get lots of hits if you want more.

David Weatherston
Towser, Toronto
C&C 27 Mk IV

Last edited by (2009-05-08 00:57:07)

David Weatherston
Towser, Toronto
C&C 27 Mk IV

#3 2009-05-07 15:16:20

Brent

Re: Engine alignment

Hey David,

I bought the book you referenced in your post as it seems to be quite excellent at breaking down all aspects of diesel. It's a great read and well explained for the non mechanic. Thanks for that.

Brent Driedger

S/V Wild Rover

C&C 27 MkV #15

Brent Driedger
S/V Wild Rover
C&C 27 MkV #15
;

Board footer