C&C 27 Association Forum

This Forum is supported by C&C 27 owners like you whose membership in the C&C 27 Association makes possible this Forum and the accompanying site. Thank you, members, for your continuing commitment.

You are not logged in.

Announcement

if you need to reset your password, you will have to confirm the request clicking the URL in the email that you will receive (Just in case check the spam folder)
If you have any problem, please do not hesitate to contact me

#1 2009-05-18 20:22:15

windyday

Ballpark cost of sidestay?

Has anybody priced sidestay replacements for C&C 27's lately, or have any guidance for what to expect for cost?

---------------------

1974 Mark II C&C 27

#2 2009-05-19 04:29:43

davidww1

Re: Ballpark cost of sidestay?

In 1999 a forestay cost C$90; the bulk of the cost is in the terminals, so uppers would probably be approximately the same. In 2003, a set of lowers cost C$400.

David Weatherston
Towser, Toronto
C&C 27 Mk IV

David Weatherston
Towser, Toronto
C&C 27 Mk IV

#3 2009-05-19 19:53:02

windyday

David, Phew, those are much lower than I'm hearing now. Where do you recommend checking for sources in Ontario?

---------------------

1974 Mark II C&C 27

#4 2009-05-19 22:30:48

davidww1

I got my replacements from Genco in Toronto. Friends on Kat's Paw are happy with Rigging Shoppe. It may also be worth your while to contact a US discounter like Defender Industries as when we were discussing hoses, someone came up with a whole-boat replacement cost that was quite low.

David Weatherston
Towser, Toronto
C&C 27 Mk IV

PS Bear those dates in mind when comparing prices - the price of raw metal has skyrocketed and that may have provided an opportunity for an across-the-board price increase.

Last edited by (2009-05-19 22:32:21)

David Weatherston
Towser, Toronto
C&C 27 Mk IV

#5 2009-05-20 12:37:34

clanning

Try The Chandlery in Ottawa, or Richard at Sobstad Sails in Barrie.  In the US, you can try Mauri Pro.

Any supplier will want to have your old rigging in their hands so that they can build identical pieces for you.

A single lower for a similar boat cost me C$100 this spring.

Cheers
Chuck Lanning

NSC, Ottawa

Chuck Lanning
C&C 27 Mk V, Chivas & Champagne
NSC, Ottawa

#6 2009-05-25 00:38:49

woodenr

I had riggin only (<a href="http://www.riggingonly.com">www.riggingonly.com</a>) build a new backstay and forestay this winter.  These were swage fittings and new turnbuckles; I think ths cost was about $225.  They worked from my measurements and were very helpful.  I also had them do a set of shrouds for a boat a few years ago.

Board footer