C&C 27 Association Forum

This Forum is supported by C&C 27 owners like you whose membership in the C&C 27 Association makes possible this Forum and the accompanying site. Thank you, members, for your continuing commitment.

You are not logged in.

Announcement

if you need to reset your password, you will have to confirm the request clicking the URL in the email that you will receive (Just in case check the spam folder)
If you have any problem, please do not hesitate to contact me

#1 2009-06-23 23:45:46

Strider

Instrument panel and gauges

I'm in the midst of replacing the original instrument panel on my '73 Mk II with a lexan panel I had my local glass company make. The fuel gauge had a crack all around the plastic housing which broke when I re-installed in the panel. I should be able to fix with epoxy, but am thinking now perhaps just replacing all gauges. Has anyone done this? If so, are there replacements out there that are the same as the originals, or does this involve different wiring, hole size in the panel etc.... Any info would be appreciated.

Cheers

Ian Longman

Strider '73 MkII

#2 2009-06-24 03:49:31

capricous

Re: Instrument panel and gauges

I recently replaced my fuel gauge with a teleflex from worst marine. It fit exactly. Its a stock item,but check the packaging,as my first one was pilfered through and missing the instructions.

Capricous Hull #599

Capricious Mark 3 Hull #599

#3 2009-06-24 05:20:03

davidww1

Hole sizes should be standard at 2 1/16", so that's not an issue. Wiring is also simple if you're replacing gauge with like gauge. However (there's always a catch), it's not always a great idea to mix senders (the float, sensor or what-have-you that acquires the info that the gauge displays). Some work, some don't. The originals were Stewart Warner (at least they were on my boat) and I _think_ the contemporary ones are compatible with old senders. But you might write S-W and ask them.

David Weatherston
Towser, Toronto
C&C 27 Mk IV

David Weatherston
Towser, Toronto
C&C 27 Mk IV

#4 2009-06-24 12:33:19

Strider

Thanks for the speedy replies, that's great info!

Ian

'Strider'

Last edited by (2009-06-24 12:34:11)

#5 2009-06-25 15:11:01

chriswheat

I replaced oil pressure, water temp, & fuel gauges in my MK1 last year with Teleflex from Defender. $92 for the three of them. They dropped right in and wired up the same as the originals, retaining the original sending units in every case. They are all working fine. Time will tell if they outlast the teak panel I made for them.
Chriswheat Second Wind

Chesapeake Bay MD

Chriswheat Second Wind
Chesapeake Bay MD

#6 2009-06-25 23:39:17

Strider

I went to the Defender web site, and found the Teleflex gauges, awesome THANKS!

Ian

#7 2009-06-30 07:12:44

C-Wolf

There is a quite nice professional solution for an old instrument panel that comes with a reasonable price. Please find enclosed link: <a href="http://www.frontpanelexpress.com/">http://www.frontpanelexpress.com/</a>

Best regards,

Ivan R. Vulicevic "C-Wolf"

1978 C&C 27 MkIII

Oakville, Ontario
C-Wolf

C-Wolf

#8 2009-06-30 10:34:57

Strider

Thanks for the link! If I end up replacing all my gauges, I may just contact them as their panels look way nicer than what I made.

Cheers!

Ian

Board footer